5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Modern Society
- Socioeconomic Status
- Protestant Ethic
- a belief in individualism, thrift, self-sacrifice, efficiency, personal responsibility, and productivity.
- b any demand that exceeds a person's ability to cope.
- c communal, cooperative, close, intimate, and informal interpersonal relationship.
- d rank or position within a society based on social and economic factors.
- e a society that looks to the present for ways to behave and is thus responsive to change.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things.
- family pattern in which children are part of two homes and two family groups.
- emphasis on interdependent relations, social responsibilities and the well being of the group
- a family consisting of a husband and wife and their children.
- relatives of the nuclear family who are economically and emotionally dependent on each other.
5 True/False Questions
Norms → rules, patterns, or standards that express cultural values and reflect how individuals are supposed to behave.
Family of Orientation → the family into which one is born
Ascribed Status → social class, rank or position, determined by education, occupation, income, and/or place of residence.
Egalitarian Family → family in which both sides of the extended family are regarded as equal.
Marriage → a legal contract with certain rights and obligations.