← chapter 4-6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is a covalent bond?
- P orbitals have what shape?
- The group numbers are found?
- Elements on the right side of the metalloids and to include H are know as?
- What is an ion?
- a Nonmetals
- b form when atoms lose or gain electrons to form octets.
- c when atoms share electrons
- d bi lobed
- e across the top of the periodic table
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- consist of positive and negative ions held together by ionic bonds
- ions are held together by strong electrical attractions between the opposite charges
- Dalton's Atomic Theory
- (n) = 2n ^2
5 True/False Questions
Protons and neutrons are found where? → in the middle between group 2A(2) and 3A (13)
What is a cation? → When an atom gains an electron giving it a negative charge
what is the mass number? → the tendency for atoms to attain a noble gas electron configuration.
Write the symbol of the ion with 3 protons and 2 electrons? 12 protons and 10 electrons? 9 protons and 10 electrons? → subtract the Atomic number from the mass number.
The mass of a neutron in (g) and (amu) is? → grams = 1.673x10^ -24 and atomic mass unit is 1.007