5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- INFINITIVE (verbal)
- 2ND PERSON PRONOUN
- PROPER NOUN
- a names a SPECIFIC person, place, thing, or idea. It is always capitalized.
- b To + verb, used as a noun, adjective, or adverb
- c refers to the person spoken to [you, your, yours]
- d words like at, by, during, for, from, in, of, on, to, with, etc.
--begin prepositional phrases
- e describes or modifies a NOUN or a PRONOUN and answers the questions What kind? Which one? Whose? How many?
5 Multiple choice questions
- an adjective formed from a proper noun. It begins with a capital letter. Ex: America (N). . .American (Adj)
- nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, prepositions, verbals.
- modifies a verb, an adjective, or another adverb and answers the questions Where? When? Why? How? How much?
- a CONJUNCTION or PRONOUN that starts a noun dependent clause (that, who, whether, why, etc)
- a pronoun that shows ownership
5 True/False questions
HELPING VERB → accompanies an action verb or linking verb to form a verb phrase (is, are, was, were, have, has, etc.)
PARTICIPLE (verbal) → To + verb, used as a noun, adjective, or adverb
GERUND (verbal) → a verb form ending in -ing that is used as a noun
LINKING VERB → accompanies an action verb or linking verb to form a verb phrase (is, are, was, were, have, has, etc.)
NOMINATIVE PRONOUN → a pronoun that can function as the direct object, indirect object or object of the preposition, participle, gerund, or infinitive. Cannot serve as the subject of a sentence; cannot show ownership.