6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- There are __________ (number) amino acids that vary in shape, size, and chemical properties
- the substance an enzyme acts on
- the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
- these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release
- this is a protein used to digest starch.
5 True/False questions
protein → complex polymers made up of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
essential → Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen → the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
enzymes → this is a protein used to digest starch.
amino acids → The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.