6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- any substance that speeds up the rate of a chemical reaction without being used or changed in the reaction is a ________.
- An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
- This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
- this is a protein found in red blood cells that transports oxygen
- this is a protein used to digest starch.
5 True/False questions
20 → this is a protein used to digest starch.
proteins → An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
lactase → this is a protein used to digest the sugar found in milk.
carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen → The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)
essential → Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.