6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
- the substance an enzyme acts on
- Polymers of molecules called amino acids
- The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
- the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
5 True/False questions
essential → Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
keratin → An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
amylase → this is a protein used to digest starch.
enzymes → this is a protein used to digest starch.
carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen → The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)