6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
- The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
- An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
- Polymers of molecules called amino acids
- This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
5 True/False Questions
enzymes → special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
proteins → complex polymers made up of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
lactase → this is a protein used to digest the sugar found in milk.
substrate → the substance an enzyme acts on
active site → this is a protein used to digest the sugar found in milk.