6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
- complex polymers made up of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
- An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
- This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
- these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release
5 True/False questions
catalyst → any substance that speeds up the rate of a chemical reaction without being used or changed in the reaction is a ________.
hemoglobin → This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
amylase → this is a protein used to digest starch.
carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen → The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)
amino acids → this is a protein used to digest starch.