6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
- There are __________ (number) amino acids that vary in shape, size, and chemical properties
- these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
- The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)
5 True/False questions
hemoglobin → An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
lactase → this is a protein used to digest starch.
proteins → complex polymers made up of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
amylase → this is a protein used to digest the sugar found in milk.
protein → Polymers of molecules called amino acids