6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
- The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
- Polymers of molecules called amino acids
- the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
5 True/False Questions
amylase → this is a protein used to digest starch.
essential → Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
protein → Polymers of molecules called amino acids
proteins → An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
enzymes → these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release