6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
- Polymers of molecules called amino acids
- Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
- this is a protein used to digest the sugar found in milk.
- This is a protein abundant in our skin, hair, and nails.
5 True/False Questions
substrate → the substance an enzyme acts on
20 → There are __________ (number) amino acids that vary in shape, size, and chemical properties
amino acids → the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
proteins → An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
protein → An enzyme is what type of organic compound?