6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
- this is a protein used to digest starch.
- An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
- the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
5 True/False questions
enzymes → these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release
carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen → this is a protein found in red blood cells that transports oxygen
keratin → An enzyme is what type of organic compound?
substrate → this is a protein used to digest the sugar found in milk.
20 → There are __________ (number) amino acids that vary in shape, size, and chemical properties