6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the substance an enzyme acts on
- The elements found in proteins are... (alphabetical order separated by comas)
- the region where an enzyme binds to its substrate
- any substance that speeds up the rate of a chemical reaction without being used or changed in the reaction is a ________.
- special proteins that act as biological catalysts to speed up chemical reactions that take place in cells
5 True/False Questions
amylase → this is a protein used to digest starch.
proteins → Polymers of molecules called amino acids
essential → Our body makes 12 of the 20 required amino acids, however the other 8 are called ______________ amino acids because they must be obtained from the foods that we eat.
amino acids → The monomers of proteins are _________ _________.
enzymes → these special proteins are involved in all life processes including digestion, energy storage, and release