5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the polymers made of amino acids
- b the polymers made of monosaccharides
- c process by which organisms keep internal conditions relatively constant despite changes in the external environment (like a thermostat)
- d solutions that have a high pH (greater than 7) are ______________.
- e Molecules that contain carbon are known as _________ molecules.
5 Multiple choice questions
- solutions that have a low pH (less than 7) are____________.
- List the four organic macromolecules talked about in class (in alphabetical order with commas in between)
- the polymers made of nucleotides
- A structure that results when two or more atoms are joined together by sharing electrons
- molecules that DO mix with water are _______________.
5 True/False questions
cohesion → A property of water that makes water molecules like to stick to each other.
macromolecule → A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.
lipids → the polymers made of fatty acids
hydrophobic → molecules that DO mix with water are _______________.
water → This molecule is important to maintaining homeostasis in our bodies, it is needed for key reactions, it makes up the majority of our body, and it transports materials throughout the body