5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, proteins
- a List the four organic macromolecules talked about in class (in alphabetical order with commas in between)
- b A weak bond that attracts water molecules to each other is called a ___________ bond.
- c Molecules that contain carbon are known as _________ molecules.
- d A building blocks of a polymer
- e this molecule makes up the majority of your body
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.
- the polymers made of fatty acids
- A property of water that makes water molecules like to stick to each other.
- molecules that do NOT mix with water are ____________.
- the monomers of proteins
5 True/False Questions
bases → this molecule makes up the majority of your body
polymer → A building blocks of a polymer
molecule → A structure that results when two or more atoms are joined together by sharing electrons
hydrophilic → molecules that DO mix with water are _______________.
water → solutions that have a high pH (greater than 7) are ______________.