5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, proteins
- a A property of water that makes water molecules like to stick to each other.
- b the polymers made of amino acids
- c solutions that have a low pH (less than 7) are____________.
- d List the four organic macromolecules talked about in class (in alphabetical order with commas in between)
- e molecules that DO mix with water are _______________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A building blocks of a polymer
- process by which organisms keep internal conditions relatively constant despite changes in the external environment (like a thermostat)
- A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.
- Molecules that contain carbon are known as _________ molecules.
- the monomers of proteins
5 True/False questions
carbohydrates → the polymers made of monosaccharides
bases → This molecule is important to maintaining homeostasis in our bodies, it is needed for key reactions, it makes up the majority of our body, and it transports materials throughout the body
nucleotides → the polymers made of nucleotides
hydrogen → molecules that DO mix with water are _______________.
molecule → A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.