5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nucleic acids
- amino acids
- a the monomers of proteins
- b A structure that results when two or more atoms are joined together by sharing electrons
- c the polymers made of nucleotides
- d solutions that have a high pH (greater than 7) are ______________.
- e A weak bond that attracts water molecules to each other is called a ___________ bond.
5 Multiple choice questions
- This molecule is important to maintaining homeostasis in our bodies, it is needed for key reactions, it makes up the majority of our body, and it transports materials throughout the body
- this molecule makes up the majority of your body
- the polymers made of monosaccharides
- A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.
- A property of water that makes water molecules like to stick to each other.
5 True/False questions
carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, proteins → List the four organic macromolecules talked about in class (in alphabetical order with commas in between)
acids → the polymers made of fatty acids
fatty acids → the monomers of proteins
homeostasis → process by which organisms keep internal conditions relatively constant despite changes in the external environment (like a thermostat)
monosaccharides → the monomers of proteins