5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, proteins
- a the monomers of carbohydrates
- b molecules that DO mix with water are _______________.
- c List the four organic macromolecules talked about in class (in alphabetical order with commas in between)
- d Molecules that contain carbon are known as _________ molecules.
- e the polymers made of amino acids
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- this molecule makes up the majority of your body
- A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.
- process by which organisms keep internal conditions relatively constant despite changes in the external environment (like a thermostat)
- A building blocks of a polymer
- the polymers made of monosaccharides
5 True/False Questions
water → This molecule is important to maintaining homeostasis in our bodies, it is needed for key reactions, it makes up the majority of our body, and it transports materials throughout the body
fatty acids → the monomers of lipids
lipids → solutions that have a low pH (less than 7) are____________.
acids → the polymers made of fatty acids
polymer → A large compound formed from many monomers