5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- fatty acids
- a A structure that results when two or more atoms are joined together by sharing electrons
- b the monomers of lipids
- c A property of water that makes water molecules like to stick to each other.
- d Molecules that contain carbon are known as _________ molecules.
- e the monomers of carbohydrates
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- molecules that do NOT mix with water are ____________.
- process by which organisms keep internal conditions relatively constant despite changes in the external environment (like a thermostat)
- molecules that DO mix with water are _______________.
- This molecule is important to maintaining homeostasis in our bodies, it is needed for key reactions, it makes up the majority of our body, and it transports materials throughout the body
- the monomers of proteins
5 True/False Questions
nucleic acids → the monomers that make up nucleic acids
lipids → the polymers made of fatty acids
macromolecule → A giant molecule in living cells, composed of thousands of smaller monomer molecules is a ________________.
hydrogen → A weak bond that attracts water molecules to each other is called a ___________ bond.
carbohydrates → the polymers made of monosaccharides