← Prep guide 7 8 9 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Corn Belt
- Trade Deficit
- Barrier Islands
- a North American Free Trade Agreement
- b Coastal islands created from sand deposited by ocean waves and currents in shallow water
- c the Midwestern states where corn is grown; Iowa and Illinois are excellent for raising corn and corn-fed livestock
- d The condition that exists when the value of what a country imports exceeds the value of what it exports; also called an unfavorable
- e A group of people who leave their native country to form in a new land a settlement subject to, or connected with, the parent nation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The crest dividing north Americas major river systems into those flowing eastward and those flowing westward
- General agreement
- Able to speak two languages with the facility of a native speaker.
- An urban region, esp. one consisting of several large cities and suburbs that adjoin each other.
- Low area of land surrounded by mountains
5 True/False Questions
Hinterland → A rejoin that lies far away from major populated centers
Textiles → Any cloth or goods produced by weaving, knitting, or felting.
Dairy Belt → The dairy belt is where most of the milk products in America come from.
Gentrification → the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses
Newsprint → Inexpensive paper for making newspaper