5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wheat Belt
- Natural Hazards
- a General agreement
- b Able to speak two languages with the facility of a native speaker.
- c An urban region, esp. one consisting of several large cities and suburbs that adjoin each other.
- d Events in physical environments that can destroy human life and property
- e The region of the us interior west specializing in growing wheat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An extremely powerful nation, esp. one capable of influencing international events and the acts and policies of less powerful nations.
- the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses
- capable of producing crops; suitable for farming; suited to the plow and for tillage
- Low area of land surrounded by mountains
- The dairy belt is where most of the milk products in America come from.
5 True/False questions
Hot Spot → A place deep within the Earth where hot magma rises to just underneath the surface, creating a bulge and volcanic activity The chain of Hawaiian Islands is thought to have been created by the movement of a tectonic plate over a hot spot.
Newsprint → Low area of land surrounded by mountains
NAFTA → Low area of land surrounded by mountains
Alluvial Soils → a usually large farm or estate, esp. in a tropical or semitropical country, on which cotton, tobacco, coffee, sugar cane, or the like is cultivated, usually by resident laborers.
Textiles → Low area of land surrounded by mountains