5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trade Deficit
- Hot Spot
- a The condition that exists when the value of what a country imports exceeds the value of what it exports; also called an unfavorable
- b North American Free Trade Agreement
- c The belief that certain countries should be independent
- d A place deep within the Earth where hot magma rises to just underneath the surface, creating a bulge and volcanic activity The chain of Hawaiian Islands is thought to have been created by the movement of a tectonic plate over a hot spot.
- e A rejoin that lies far away from major populated centers
5 Multiple choice questions
- Government distress similar to states
- A region of western California southeast of San Francisco known for its high-technology design and manufacturing industries.
- Soil deposited by streams of rivers
- Inexpensive paper for making newspaper
- The crest dividing north Americas major river systems into those flowing eastward and those flowing westward
5 True/False questions
Lichens → Low area of land surrounded by mountains
Barrier Islands → A rejoin that lies far away from major populated centers
Superpower → An extremely powerful nation, esp. one capable of influencing international events and the acts and policies of less powerful nations.
Fall Line → a natural boundary between 2 landform region with different elevations marked by rapids and waterfalls
Regionalism → A fling of a strong political religion