5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Kathryn signs a lease agreement for an apartment. Kathryn has entered into a(n)
- T/F? An illusory promise is unenforceable.
- Genovese Contracting, Inc., agrees to build a warehouse for Hawthorne Distributors. Genovese runs into the types of difficulties that contractors ordinarily confront, and Hawthorne agrees to pay extra compensation to overcome them. Regarding the agreement to pay more, a court would likely
- A quasi contract is not enforceable by a court.
- a T
- b not enforce it
- c express contract
- d False
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- not question the adequacy of the consideration
5 True/False Questions
Franzea is injured in an accident caused by Gentry. Gentry agrees to pay Franzea $2,500 if she agrees to release him from further liability. She agrees. If Franzea's damages ultimately exceed $2,500, she can collect → nothing more from Gentry
Peter and Ray are riding their horses together. Peter jokingly tells Ray that Ray's horse is too slow. Ray laughs and jokingly responds, "Yes, he is too slow! I would sell him for $5!" Peter hands Ray $5. This is → promise
Holiday Sales Company and Global Distributors, Inc., enter into a contract for the delivery of imported specialty goods. Until the goods are delivered and paid for, these parties have → there is an actual contract covering the subject in dispute.
Digital Products Company includes a shrink-wrap agreement in a transaction with Eagle Engineering Corporation. A shrink-wrap agreement is an agreement whose terms are expressed → an executory contract.
Phil agrees to work for Vacation Resorts, Inc., as a chef. In determining whether a contract has been formed, an element of prime importance is → T