5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Boyle's Law (formula)
- 760 mm Hg ( = ? atm)
- Mean Free Path
- a When there is a barrier with one or many small holes that prevent a gas to expand into the new volume unless a gas molecule happens to travel through the hole. The term "small" when referring to the holes are holes with diameters less than the mean free path of the gas molecules.
- c universal gas constant
(a.k.a. molar gas constant, a.k.a. ideal gas constant)
- d 1 atm ( = ? mm Hg)
- e The average distance traveled by an individual gas molecule before it collides with another gas molecule.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The total pressure exerted by the mixture of non-reactive gases is equal to the sum of the partial pressures of individual gases.
- A fluid is a substance that continually deforms (flows) under an applied shear stress. Fluids are a subset of the phases of matter and include liquids, gases, plasmas and, to some extent, plastic solids.
- The number of moles of a component of a solution divided by the total number of moles of all components.
- Constant volume
- synonymous with mm Hg
5 True/False questions
Graham's Law (formula) → The rate of effusion of a gas is inversely proportional to the square root of the mass of its particles.
Boyle's Law (graph) →
R-value when dealing with ENERGY → 8.31 J/(mol∙K)
Charles' Law (graph) →
Charles' Law (formula) →