5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Henry's Law
- Mean Free Path
- R-value when dealing with PRESSURE/VOLUME
- a .0821 L∙atm/(mol∙K)
- b The average distance traveled by an individual gas molecule before it collides with another gas molecule.
where p is the partial pressure of the solute in the gas above the solution, c is the concentration of the solute and k sub-H is a constant with the dimensions of pressure divided by concentration. The constant, known as the Henry's law constant, depends on the solute, the solvent and the temperature.
The curved lines on a PV-graph (are called...?)
- e Constant volume
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of moles of a component of a solution divided by the total number of moles of all components.
- A fluid is a substance that continually deforms (flows) under an applied shear stress. Fluids are a subset of the phases of matter and include liquids, gases, plasmas and, to some extent, plastic solids.
- In Chemistry, the term diffusion is defined as the movement of particles of a fluid from a place of relatively high concentration to a place with low concentration. It occurs due to the randomness of motion caused by thermal energy.
- Constant temperature
- Constant volume
5 True/False questions
Dalton's Law (words) →
Gay-Lussac's Law (graph) →
Graham's Law (words) → The rate of effusion of a gas is inversely proportional to the square root of the mass of its particles.
Boyle's Law (graph) →
Ideal Gas Law →