5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- migration to a distant destination that occurs in stages, for example, from farm to nearby village and later to a town and city
- legal immigrant who has work visa, usually short term
- The presence of a nearer opportunity that greatly diminishes the attractiveness of sites farther away.
- the movement of individuals into a population
- people who have fled their country because of political persecution and seek asylum in another country
5 True/False questions
push factors → positive conditions and perceptions that induce people to new locations from other areas
voluntary migration → movement in which people relocate in response to perceived opportunity; not forced.
chain migration → pattern of migration that develops when migrants move along and through kinship links
international migration → human movement involving movement across international boundaries
internal migration → human movement involving movement across international boundaries