5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- parliament removed King James II and invited his daughter and her husband to rule.This was called the Glorious Revolution.They signed the English Bill of Rights
- a written lists of freedoms that a government promises to protect
- the principle that a person cannot be held in prison without being charged with a specific crime
- a representative lawmaking body whose members are elected or appointed and in which legislative and executive functions are combined.
- the highest class.the upper class of the colonial society
4 True/False Questions
Peter Zenger → a representative lawmaking body whose members are elected or appointed and in which legislative and executive functions are combined.
libel → the publishing of statements that damage a person's reputation
middle class → The document that English nobles forced King John to approve in 1215, limiting the king's power and protecting the rights of the people.
indentured servant → he was a publisher of new york weekly journal,was arrested for printing articles that criticized the governer.he was charged with libel.but what he printed was true so he was not guilty.because telling the truth was his job