6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Way or method the author uses to tell the story. Many authors have a certain ________.
- The author tells the thoughts of one character.
- The all-knowing narrator who reveals the thought of several characters.
- Central idea(s) in a piece of literature. Author's message.
- The sequence of events that take place; how the story unfolds; what happens in the story.
5 True/False questions
protagonist → The person or thing against the main character.
point of view → The way in which the story is told; who is telling it. it includes various types of narrators.
exposition (introduction) → The story's beginning where characters, setting, mood, and point of view are extablished; "plunges the reader into the story"
third person → The author uses "he" or "she" or "it" to create what kind of narrator?
genre → Distinctive type of literary writing. Some novels are fiction, non-fiction, mystery, romance.