6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sequence of events that take place; how the story unfolds; what happens in the story.
- The people in the story are called _____.
- Way or method the author uses to tell the story. Many authors have a certain ________.
- The feeling the AUTHOR CREATES for the reader during the exposition.
- The main character--often the "good guy."
5 True/False questions
characterization → The people in the story are called _____.
point of view → The way in which the story is told; who is telling it. it includes various types of narrators.
exposition (introduction) → The story's beginning where characters, setting, mood, and point of view are extablished; "plunges the reader into the story"
theme → Central idea(s) in a piece of literature. Author's message.
setting → The place AND time of the story, determined by styles of clothing, technology, historical occurences, customs, manner or speaking, and more.