5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The organelles inside a cell that give the cell power.
- b A personality that is artistic and thoughtful.
- c The study of the human body, all its parts, and how it's put together.
- d Dead bodies that have been preserved using salt and chemicals to keep them from rotting and decaying.
- e A Dutch scientist who discovered how to magnify things with glass lenses.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The wall around a cell.
- A Greek philosopher before Hippocrates, considered one of the greatest thinkers of all time.
- A group of tissues that work together to form a special body function.
- The DNA's messenger, which copies part of the information that is in the DNA and then leaves the nucleus.
- The wrong idea that life can come into existence from nonliving things.
5 True/False Questions
Phlegmatic → A personality that likes to be in control.
Hooke → The scientist who used a microscope to examine cork, naming the little boxes he saw "cells."
Lysosomes → DNA is packaged into units called ______. Your body has 46 of these units.
Humors → Dead bodies that have been preserved using salt and chemicals to keep them from rotting and decaying.
Cytoplasm → The jelly-like substance inside a cell, in which all the organelles float.