5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gas giant
- superior planet
- a Any of the celestial bodies (other than comets or satellites) that revolve around the sun in the solar system
- b The planets whose orbits are farther from the sun than the earth's orbit
- c A large planet that consists mostly of gases in a dense form. The four large planets in the outer solar system- Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
- d The point at which the earth is closest to the sun.
- e The place in the Earth's orbit where Earth is farthest away from the sun.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A planet that orbits between the Earth and the Sun. Mercury and Venus are the only two inferior planets in our solar system.
- When a planet passes directly between the earth and the sun so that we see its dark silhouette against the sun's bright disk
- One of the different apparent shapes of the moon as seen from earth.
- The downward pull (gravitational force) a celestial body exerts on objects at its surface
- Amount of matter in an object.( not dependent on the force of gravity)
5 True/False Questions
ellipse → One of the different apparent shapes of the moon as seen from earth.
occult → To hide or to eclipse; to cross in front of
terrestrial planet → Planets that are similar to Earth in density and size
albedo → The place in the Earth's orbit where Earth is farthest away from the sun.
focus → Amount of matter in an object.( not dependent on the force of gravity)