5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- literary techniques that portray differences between appearance and reality, or expectation and result.
- local or regional dialect expression.
- a means by which author's present material that occurred earlier than the present of the narrative.
- the use in a literary work of clues that suggest events that have yet to occur.
- the emotional quality or mood of a story.
4 True/False Questions
idiom → an expression that is characteristic of a language, region, community, or class of people
denotation → the literal/dictionary definition of a word.
oxymoron → a combination of words that contradict each other.
onomatopoeia → the literal/dictionary definition of a word.