5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- RESTING MEMBRANE POTENTIAL
- SIMPLE DIFFUSION
- ACTION POTENTIAL
- a measurable voltage across the membrane of a resting nerve or muscle cell that is called the:....cell in this state is said to be polarized
- b study of cancer
- c the depolarization that initiates a flow of electricial current that is known as:
- d the 2-stage process that occurs in the ovaries or testes and results in the formation of gametes that have 1 of each chromosome
- e the tendency of atoms, molecules, or ions in a liquid or air solution to move spontaneously from where there are more of them to where there are fewer of them.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- solubility, molecular size, electrical charge
- cell eating
- there is a difference in the number and type of ions that are found along the inner and outer membrane surface, this creates what is known as an:
- the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
- when cells develop unique characteristics they are said to:
5 True/False Questions
ISOTONIC → the solution with the LOWER solute concentration than the other.
ELECTRICAL CHARGE → there is a difference in the number and type of ions that are found along the inner and outer membrane surface, this creates what is known as an:
GAMETE → the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
METASTASIS → the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
SELECTIVELY PERMEABLE → plasma membrane has unique chemical and physical characteristics which permit it to regulate what substances can get into or out of the cell