5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ACTION POTENTIAL
- FACILITATED DIFFUSION
- CELL PERMEABILITY DEPENDS ON :
- a molecules that connot get through the phospholipid bilayer may move across the membrane by traveling through specific integral proteins that act as carriers or transport proteins.
- b the 2-stage process that occurs in the ovaries or testes and results in the formation of gametes that have 1 of each chromosome
- c the solution with the LOWER solute concentration than the other.
- d the depolarization that initiates a flow of electricial current that is known as:
- e solubility, molecular size, electrical charge
5 Multiple choice questions
- RBCs exposed to a hypertonic solution, water will flow out of the cells, causing them to shrivel up.
- cell drinking
- single celled fertilized egg called a:
- the force that drives filtration is:
- the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
5 True/False questions
MOLECULAR SIZE → alterations in the distributionof ions at the membrane surfaces will cause a change in the voltage, the cell is said to be:
SELECTIVE PERMEABILITY → refers to the idea that the membrane restricts passage of some substances and permits passage of others into or out of the cell.
ONCOLOGY → study of cancer
SOLUBILITY EXAMPLES: → lipid solluble substances pass easily through lipid bilayer; water-soluble substances DO NOT pass must be moved across via membrane proteins
SOLVENT → the water which is in the cytosol or ECF