5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- NUCLEAR ENVELOPE
- SELECTIVE PERMEABILITY
- RECEPTOR MEDIATED ENDOCYTOSIS
- a refers to the idea that the membrane restricts passage of some substances and permits passage of others into or out of the cell.
- b single celled fertilized egg called a:
- c nucleus is enclosed by its own membrane call the:
- d involves receptor sites on membrane proteins that are specific for a particular substance taht the cell wants to take in.
- e movement into cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- does not require ATP
- proteins that are not chemially active but serve to support cell structure.
- cell eating
- solubility, molecular size, electrical charge
- the solution with the HIGHER concentration of solute than the other solution.
5 True/False questions
DNA → if all the carrier proteins for glucose are being used it is said taht transport is occurring at the maximum rate possible.
GLOBULAR PROTEIN → proteins that have unique 3-D shapes and are chemically very active.
CHOLESTEROL → molecules help stablilize the plasma membrane.
PERIPHERAL PROTEINS → don't go all the way through the membrane, may be inside or outside.
TMAX → the term used to refer either to the sperm or the egg