5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- CAMs = CELLULAR ADHESION MOLECULES
- a the movement of water molecules through a selectively permeable membrane.
- b the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
- c proteins on cell surfaces that allow them to stick to other cells, responsible for allowing white blood cells to attach to a damaged tissue and initiate inflammation.
- d spread of cancerous cells away from their point of origin
- e the solution with the LOWER solute concentration than the other.
5 Multiple choice questions
- when cells develop unique characteristics they are said to:
- all the cells in the human body except for the sperm and the egg
- the term used to refer either to the sperm or the egg
- of cancer = the spread of cancerous cells from one organ to a more distant one.
- there is a difference in the number and type of ions that are found along the inner and outer membrane surface, this creates what is known as an:
5 True/False questions
RBCs EXPOSED TO AN ISOTONIC SOLUTION → measurable voltage across the membrane of a resting nerve or muscle cell that is called the:....cell in this state is said to be polarized
PHAGOCYTOSIS → cell drinking
SIMPLE DIFFUSION → the tendency of atoms, molecules, or ions in a liquid or air solution to move spontaneously from where there are more of them to where there are fewer of them.
HYPERTONIC → the solution with the HIGHER concentration of solute than the other solution.
STEM CELL → greater the difference in the amount of the diffusing substance, the faster diffusion will occur.