5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- MOLECULAR SIZE
- SELECTIVELY PERMEABLE
- FUNCTION OF INTEGRAL PROTEINS
- SIMPLE DIFFUSION
- a act as carriers that move substances across the membrane ECF-ICF
- b molecules help stablilize the plasma membrane.
- c large molecules have a hard time
- d the tendency of atoms, molecules, or ions in a liquid or air solution to move spontaneously from where there are more of them to where there are fewer of them.
- e plasma membrane has unique chemical and physical characteristics which permit it to regulate what substances can get into or out of the cell
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- movement out of cell
- forms the outer boundary of the cell, regulates movement of substance into and out of cell
- the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
- proteins on cell surfaces that allow them to stick to other cells, responsible for allowing white blood cells to attach to a damaged tissue and initiate inflammation.
- will not gain or lose h2o
5 True/False Questions
ISOTONIC → the solution with the LOWER solute concentration than the other.
GLYCOPROTEINS → proteins that are not chemially active but serve to support cell structure.
METASTASIS → the 2-stage process that occurs in the ovaries or testes and results in the formation of gametes that have 1 of each chromosome
NUCLEAR ENVELOPE → when cells develop unique characteristics they are said to:
HEMOLYSIS → RBCs exposed to a hypotonic solution, water will flow into the cells and can actually cause them to burst