5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- SELECTIVELY PERMEABLE
- HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE
- PLASMA MEMBRANE
- CELL PERMEABILITY DEPENDS ON :
- a the solution with the LOWER solute concentration than the other.
- b plasma membrane has unique chemical and physical characteristics which permit it to regulate what substances can get into or out of the cell
- c solubility, molecular size, electrical charge
- d forms the outer boundary of the cell, regulates movement of substance into and out of cell
- e the force that drives filtration is:
5 Multiple choice questions
- RBCs exposed to a hypertonic solution, water will flow out of the cells, causing them to shrivel up.
- the 2-stage process that occurs in the ovaries or testes and results in the formation of gametes that have 1 of each chromosome
- large molecules have a hard time
- involves receptor sites on membrane proteins that are specific for a particular substance taht the cell wants to take in.
- these span the width of the membrane, go all the way through from the outside of the cell to inside of the cell, many have hollow centers
5 True/False questions
ACTION POTENTIAL → the depolarization that initiates a flow of electricial current that is known as:
SOLUTE → the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
GAMETE → the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
PHOSPHOLIPID BILAYER → large molecules have a hard time
CYTOSOL → fluid material between the nuclear envelope and the plasma membrane.