5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- FIBROUS PROTEIN
- SIMPLE DIFFUSION
- ELECTROCHEMICAL GRADIENT
- INTEGRAL PROTEINS
- a the tendency of atoms, molecules, or ions in a liquid or air solution to move spontaneously from where there are more of them to where there are fewer of them.
- b of cancer = the spread of cancerous cells from one organ to a more distant one.
- c these span the width of the membrane, go all the way through from the outside of the cell to inside of the cell, many have hollow centers
- d proteins that are not chemially active but serve to support cell structure.
- e there is a difference in the number and type of ions that are found along the inner and outer membrane surface, this creates what is known as an:
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- simple diffusion- the diffusing substance is said to:
- single celled fertilized egg called a:
- forms the outer boundary of the cell, regulates movement of substance into and out of cell
- term that refers to what has been filtered through the spm is:
- the depolarization that initiates a flow of electricial current that is known as:
5 True/False Questions
RECEPTOR MEDIATED ENDOCYTOSIS → cell drinking
METASTASIS → spread of cancerous cells away from their point of origin
OSMOSIS → the 2-stage process that occurs in the ovaries or testes and results in the formation of gametes that have 1 of each chromosome
SELECTIVE PERMEABILITY → refers to the idea that the membrane restricts passage of some substances and permits passage of others into or out of the cell.
HYPERTONIC → the solution with the LOWER solute concentration than the other.