5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- FACILITATED DIFFUSION
- MOLECULAR SIZE
- SELECTIVE PERMEABILITY
- a large molecules have a hard time
- b refers to the idea that the membrane restricts passage of some substances and permits passage of others into or out of the cell.
- c study of cancer
- d molecules help stablilize the plasma membrane.
- e molecules that connot get through the phospholipid bilayer may move across the membrane by traveling through specific integral proteins that act as carriers or transport proteins.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
- of cancer = the spread of cancerous cells from one organ to a more distant one.
- does not require ATP
- used when both solutions have the same concentration of solute.
- movement into cells
5 True/False questions
TMAX → in the nucleus of each somatic cell there are 46 separate strands of...
PHOSPHOLIPID BILAYER → a double layer of phospholipids whose orientation is due to their amphiphilic nature.
DNA → if all the carrier proteins for glucose are being used it is said taht transport is occurring at the maximum rate possible.
INTEGRAL PROTEINS → these span the width of the membrane, go all the way through from the outside of the cell to inside of the cell, many have hollow centers
PERIPHERAL PROTEINS → these span the width of the membrane, go all the way through from the outside of the cell to inside of the cell, many have hollow centers