5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- CELL PERMEABILITY DEPENDS ON :
- a study of cancer
- b cancerous, abnormally dividing cells
- c solubility, molecular size, electrical charge
- d the stuff that is dissolved in that water.
- e of cancer = the spread of cancerous cells from one organ to a more distant one.
5 Multiple choice questions
- movement into cells
- molecules that connot get through the phospholipid bilayer may move across the membrane by traveling through specific integral proteins that act as carriers or transport proteins.
- spread of cancerous cells away from their point of origin
- used when both solutions have the same concentration of solute.
- proteins that are not chemially active but serve to support cell structure.
5 True/False questions
SOLUBILITY EXAMPLES: → lipid solluble substances pass easily through lipid bilayer; water-soluble substances DO NOT pass must be moved across via membrane proteins
RESTING MEMBRANE POTENTIAL → measurable voltage across the membrane of a resting nerve or muscle cell that is called the:....cell in this state is said to be polarized
DEPOLARIZED → large molecules have a hard time
PLASMA MEMBRANE → forms the outer boundary of the cell, regulates movement of substance into and out of cell
SOMATIC CELLS → greater the difference in the amount of the diffusing substance, the faster diffusion will occur.