5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ELECTROCHEMICAL GRADIENT
- PLASMA MEMBRANE
- a the water which is in the cytosol or ECF
- b the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
- c in the nucleus of each somatic cell there are 46 separate strands of...
- d forms the outer boundary of the cell, regulates movement of substance into and out of cell
- e there is a difference in the number and type of ions that are found along the inner and outer membrane surface, this creates what is known as an:
5 Multiple choice questions
- act as carriers that move substances across the membrane ECF-ICF
- simple diffusion- the diffusing substance is said to:
- proteins on cell surfaces that allow them to stick to other cells, responsible for allowing white blood cells to attach to a damaged tissue and initiate inflammation.
- movement into cells
- lipid solluble substances pass easily through lipid bilayer; water-soluble substances DO NOT pass must be moved across via membrane proteins
5 True/False questions
HYPERTONIC → the solution with the LOWER solute concentration than the other.
STEM CELL → greater the difference in the amount of the diffusing substance, the faster diffusion will occur.
ONCOLOGY → study of cancer
METASTASIS → the process by which the somatic cells divide and form repllicas of themselves
GAMETE → the term used to refer either to the sperm or the egg