5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Organic molecule
- Unsaturated fat
- Hydrogen bond
- a A lipid made from fatty acids that have at least one double bond between carbon atoms.
- b A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
- c A molecule that contains only carbon and any of the following: hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and/or phosphorous.
- d Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.
- e Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Lacking any affinity to water.
- A membrane that allows some molecules to pass through but does not allow other molecules to pass through.
- A lipid made from fatty acids that have no double bonds between carbon atoms.
- Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
- A chemical reaction in which molecules combine by removing water.
5 True/False Questions
Matter → Anything that has mass and takes up space.
Diffusion → The tendency of a solvent to travel across a semipermeable membrane into areas of higher solute concentration.
Element → Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
Biosynthesis → The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
Isomers → A collection of atoms that all have the same number of protons.