5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydrogen bond
- Unsaturated fat
- a Anything that has mass and takes up space.
- b A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
- c A lipid made from fatty acids that have at least one double bond between carbon atoms.
- d The tendency of a solvent to travel across a semipermeable membrane into areas of higher solute concentration.
- e One of three forms - solid, liquid, or gas - which every substance is capable of attaining.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A substance that alters the speed of a chemical reaction but is not used up in the process.
- Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.
- Lacking any affinity to water.
- Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
- The random motion of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
5 True/False questions
Element → Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
Biosynthesis → The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
Monosaccharides → Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.
Hydrolysis → Lacking any affinity to water.
Organic molecule → Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.