5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Organic molecule
- Peptide bond
- a Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
- b A molecule that contains only carbon and any of the following: hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and/or phosphorous.
- c Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides.
- d A bond that links amino acids together in a protein.
- e Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
- A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
- A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
- A membrane that allows some molecules to pass through but does not allow other molecules to pass through.
- A lipid made from fatty acids that have at least one double bond between carbon atoms.
5 True/False Questions
Biosynthesis → The tendency of a solvent to travel across a semipermeable membrane into areas of higher solute concentration.
Diffusion → The tendency of a solvent to travel across a semipermeable membrane into areas of higher solute concentration.
Saturated fat → A lipid made from fatty acids that have no double bonds between carbon atoms.
Phase → Anything that has mass and takes up space.
Physical change → A change that affects the appearance but not the chemical make-up of a substance.