5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The random motion of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
- b A measurement of how much solute exists within a certain volume of solvent.
- c Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
- d Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
- e The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
- A change that affects the appearance but not the chemical make-up of a substance.
- Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.
- A chemical reaction in which molecules combine by removing water.
- A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
5 True/False Questions
Unsaturated fat → A lipid made from fatty acids that have at least one double bond between carbon atoms.
Hydrogen bond → A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
Model → Anything that has mass and takes up space.
Osmosis → An explanation or representation of something that cannot be seen.
Semipermeable membrane → A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.