5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydrogen bond
- a A substance that alters the speed of a chemical reaction but is not used up in the process.
- b Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.
- c A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
- d Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides.
- e The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An explanation or representation of something that cannot be seen.
- A bond that links amino acids together in a protein.
- A lipid made from fatty acids that have no double bonds between carbon atoms.
- Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
- Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
5 True/False questions
Isomers → Anything that has mass and takes up space.
Physical change → A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
Element → Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
Phase → One of three forms - solid, liquid, or gas - which every substance is capable of attaining.
Molecules → An explanation or representation of something that cannot be seen.