5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Saturated fat
- a The tendency of a solvent to travel across a semipermeable membrane into areas of higher solute concentration.
- b Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.
- c A collection of atoms that all have the same number of protons.
- d A lipid made from fatty acids that have no double bonds between carbon atoms.
- e Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
- A change that affects the appearance but not the chemical make-up of a substance.
- A molecule that contains only carbon and any of the following: hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and/or phosphorous.
- A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
- A bond that links amino acids together in a protein.
5 True/False Questions
Diffusion → The random motion of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
Biosynthesis → The tendency of a solvent to travel across a semipermeable membrane into areas of higher solute concentration.
Phase → One of three forms - solid, liquid, or gas - which every substance is capable of attaining.
Polysaccharides → Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
Disaccharides → Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides.