5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical change
- Hydrogen bond
- Dehydration reaction
- a Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
- b A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
- c An explanation or representation of something that cannot be seen.
- d A chemical reaction in which molecules combine by removing water.
- e A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A bond that links amino acids together in a protein.
- The random motion of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
- Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
- A molecule that contains only carbon and any of the following: hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and/or phosphorous.
- A measurement of how much solute exists within a certain volume of solvent.
5 True/False questions
Saturated fat → A lipid made from fatty acids that have at least one double bond between carbon atoms.
Element → Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
Polysaccharides → Carbohydrates that are made up of more than two monosaccharides.
Biosynthesis → The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
Disaccharides → Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.