5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hydrogen bond
- Peptide bond
- Saturated fat
- a A strong attraction between hydrogen atoms and certain other atoms (usually oxygen or nitrogen) in specific molecules.
- b A lipid made from fatty acids that have no double bonds between carbon atoms.
- c Carbohydrates that are made up of two monosaccharides.
- d A bond that links amino acids together in a protein.
- e Two different molecules that have the same chemical formula.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Breaking down complex molecules by the chemical addition of water.
- A collection of atoms that all have the same number of protons.
- The process by which living organisms produce larger molecules from smaller ones.
- One of three forms - solid, liquid, or gas - which every substance is capable of attaining.
- A chemical reaction in which molecules combine by removing water.
5 True/False Questions
Molecules → Chemicals that result from atoms linking together.
Physical change → A change that alters the makeup of the elements or molecules of a substance.
Monosaccharides → Simple carbohydrates that contain 3 to 10 carbon atoms.
Diffusion → The random motion of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
Model → Anything that has mass and takes up space.