5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Your street address describes relative or absolute location?
- __________ geography studies how people make and spend their money. (urban/economic)
- what are the main processes of the water cycle?
- A geographer's tools include what?
- The science that describes physical and cultural features of earth is....
- a evaporation and precipitation
- b geography
- c maps, globes, satellite images, notebooks, and tape recorders
- d Economic
- e Absolute
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- local, regional, and global
- economics and politics
- national geography standards
5 True/False Questions
Latitude lines are lines on a map or globe that are drawn in which direction? → horizontaly
Geographers who study the world on a _________ level try to find relationships among people who live in different areas of the world.( regional/global) → local, regional, and global
___________ studies weather patterns in a place over a long period of time. (climatology/ meteorology) → Extremes of temperature; long, cold winters and short, warm summers; little precipitation
What are some characteristics of a Marine West Coast climate? → dry, sunny, warm summers; mild, wetter, winters; rain averages 15-20in a year
What are some characteristics of a Humid Tropical climate? → Hurricanes, Typhoons, Humid hot summers, mild winters; rain year-round