7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Propaganda tool to encourage women to take factory jobs
- Effort in the 1930s to avoid making the same mistakes that got the USA into WWI
- When the US invaded Nazi-occupied Normandy, France and opened a 2nd front in the West. Now Hitler fought Soviets in the East and US/Britain in the West.
- How the US financed WWII
- 1945 Meeting between Allied leaders; FDR, Churchill, and Stalin during WWII to plan for post-war, signs that US Britain feared future Communist expansion.
- Japanese Internment was constitutional because individual or group rights may be limited to protect "national security"
6 True/False Questions
Pearl Harbor → Japanese sneak attack that led to US involvement in WWII
Lend Lease Act → Effort in the 1930s to avoid making the same mistakes that got the USA into WWI
United Nations → Conserving food and oil for the war efort
Potsdam Conference → Meeting between Stalin, Truman and Churchill about dividing up Germany and led to the Cold War
Rationing → Conserving food and oil for the war efort
Hiroshima and Nagasaki → Two cities that the US dropped atomic bombs on in order to end war with Japan during WWII. Some believe it was also a warning to the Communist Soviet Union.