7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Conserving food and oil for the war efort
- FDR's justification for lending weapons to the British to fight the Nazis in what was known as the Lend Lease Act.
- Allowed the British to borrow weapons in order to fight the Nazis
- Japanese Internment was constitutional because individual or group rights may be limited to protect "national security"
- Top secret program to build an atomic bomb
- Agreement between the US and Great Britain that became the basis for the United Nations (UN)
6 True/False questions
Internment Camps → Caused in WWII by the USA being forced to fight the Nazis/Italy in the "Atlantic Theater" and the Japanese in the "Pacific Theater"
United Nations → International peace-keeping organization founded after WWII and joined by the USA. Unlike the League of Nations which the US did not join after WWI, the actions of Nazi Germany and Japan as well as the the threat of the Soviet Union showed that the USA could no longer remain neutral and isolated.
D-Day → When the US invaded Nazi-occupied Normandy, France and opened a 2nd front in the West. Now Hitler fought Soviets in the East and US/Britain in the West.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki → Japanese Internment was constitutional because individual or group rights may be limited to protect "national security"
US Foriegn Policy in the 1930's → Isolationism
Potsdam Conference → 1945 Meeting between Allied leaders; FDR, Churchill, and Stalin during WWII to plan for post-war, signs that US Britain feared future Communist expansion.