5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the formal responsibilities of the first lady?
- One of the president's inherent powers is the authority to issue directives or proclamations, called _________, that have the force of law as long as they do not contradict the Constitution.
- The roles of chief diplomat and commander in chief affords the president tremendous power over
- When a president issues a regulation that has the effect of law, it is called an executive
- The president's power to recognize a foreign country
- a foreign affairs.
- b executive orders
- c None
- d requires no ratification or consultation.
- e order
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
- declare war.
- executive privilege.
- All of the above
- balance the ticket ideologically
5 True/False Questions
The Senate decides about removing accused presidents → report to Congress on the "State of the Union."
A presidential _______________ is usually expressed as the percentage of the American public who say the president is doing a good job. → approval rating
The president's role as party leader is → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
Executive privilege is the president's right to → appoints ambassadors, although the Senate must confirm them.
The only constitutional power the president has to block congressional legislation is the → veto