5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- According to the intentions of the Constitution, the president in his role as commander in chief has the power to
- As commander in chief, the president
- What is it called if the president shortens a federal prison sentence?
- When someone lies under oath it is referred to as:
- The purpose of the National Security Council is to
- a commutation
- b perjury.
- c command forces in the event of war.
- d advise the president on foreign and defense policy.
- e can determine military strategy if he chooses
5 Multiple choice questions
- although Congress passed a law granting presidents the power, the Supreme Court ruled the act unconstitutional.
- executive orders
- declare war.
5 True/False questions
In October 1973, Congress passed the _______________ which states that the president cannot send troops into military conflict for more than ninety days without seeking a formal declaration of war from Congress. → War Powers Act
The president's executive powers are stipulated in → Article II of the Constitution.
________________, the hero of the Revolutionary War whom the Framers had in mind for the office, helped shape the idea of what a president should be. → vice president
The vice president's traditional role in legislative leadership has been deemed → insignificant.
The right of a president to refuse to make some internal documents and private conversations public is → executive privilege.