5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The president's power to recognize a foreign country
- The roles of chief diplomat and commander in chief affords the president tremendous power over
- The president's executive powers are stipulated in
- What are the formal responsibilities of the first lady?
- Presidents often prefer to negotiate executive agreements rather than treaties because
- a requires no ratification or consultation.
- b foreign affairs.
- c executive agreements do not need the consent of the Senate.
- d Article II of the Constitution.
- e None
5 Multiple choice questions
- limited power to appoint or remove government officials.
- command forces in the event of war.
- allows him to recognize some governments and not others.
- declare war.
5 True/False questions
Who becomes president according to the Constitution when the president is removed from office, by death, resignation, or inability to perform the duties of the office? → Congress
A presidential _______________ is usually expressed as the percentage of the American public who say the president is doing a good job. → approval rating
The president's right to engage in communications with his advisers that he does not have to reveal is referred to as: → Article II of the Constitution.
With the president as commander in chief, the U.S. → gives civilian control over the military.
The vice president's traditional role in legislative leadership has been deemed → an informal duty or role.