5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Constitution clearly assigns the power to declare war to
- The right of a president to refuse to make some internal documents and private conversations public is
- The U.S. Constitution does not give the president power to
- The president's power to recognize a foreign country
- One of the most effective weapons the president has to influence the content of legislation is the
- a requires no ratification or consultation.
- b executive privilege.
- c Congress
- d power to veto legislation
- e declare war.
5 Multiple choice questions
- delegated by the Supreme Court
- although Congress passed a law granting presidents the power, the Supreme Court ruled the act unconstitutional.
- leader of a national party
5 True/False questions
The president's role as party leader is → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
Historically, vice presidents were chosen to → only recently been given significant responsibilities by the president.
Although the president can negotiate a foreign treaty, he must turn for ratification to → the Senate
Article ____ of the Constitution vests the executive power in the president. → only the job of presiding over the Senate.
Because a president in his second term cannot seek reelection, he is commonly referred to as a: → lame duck