5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- With regard to the line-item veto,
- The president's right to engage in communications with his advisers that he does not have to reveal is referred to as:
- Prior to the election of George Washington
- Presidents derive their official authority from the following sources EXCEPT
- Typically, _______________ instruct federal employees to take a specific action or implement a policy in a particular way.
- a no national government had a president.
- b executive orders
- c executive privilege.
- d although Congress passed a law granting presidents the power, the Supreme Court ruled the act unconstitutional.
- e delegated by the Supreme Court
5 Multiple choice questions
- pardon power.
- can determine military strategy if he chooses
- gives civilian control over the military.
5 True/False questions
One of the president's inherent powers is the authority to issue directives or proclamations, called _________, that have the force of law as long as they do not contradict the Constitution. → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
The president's executive powers are stipulated in → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
The roles of chief diplomat and commander in chief affords the president tremendous power over → foreign affairs.
Who does the Constitution give the power to declare war? → only the job of presiding over the Senate.
The Constitution requires the president to → report to Congress on the "State of the Union."