5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who becomes president according to the Constitution when the president is removed from office, by death, resignation, or inability to perform the duties of the office?
- The Constitution requires that the president report on the State of the Union
- By law, the modern cabinet consists of the ____ department heads.
- Prior to the election of George Washington
- The president is the commander-in-chief of the United States:
- a All of the above
- b no national government had a president.
- c from time to time
- d vice president
- e 15
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- advise the president on foreign and defense policy.
- executive privilege.
- can determine military strategy if he chooses
- gives civilian control over the military.
5 True/False Questions
The president has the power to appoint: → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
One of the president's inherent powers is the authority to issue directives or proclamations, called _________, that have the force of law as long as they do not contradict the Constitution. → have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
Article ____ of the Constitution vests the executive power in the president. → II
The president can erase the guilt and restore the rights of anyone convicted of a federal crime, except an impeached president, through the → pardon power.
The only constitutional power the president has to block congressional legislation is the → veto