5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- With regard to the line-item veto,
- If impeachment proceedings are initiated, who holds the trial?
- One of the president's inherent powers is the authority to issue directives or proclamations, called _________, that have the force of law as long as they do not contradict the Constitution.
- Where does the process of removal begin for the president, vice president, and all civil officers (including cabinet secretaries and federal judges)?
- The president's right to engage in communications with his advisers that he does not have to reveal is referred to as:
- a House of Representatives
- b executive privilege.
- c although Congress passed a law granting presidents the power, the Supreme Court ruled the act unconstitutional.
- d executive orders
- e Senate
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
- executive orders
- gives civilian control over the military.
- only recently been given significant responsibilities by the president.
- appoints ambassadors, although the Senate must confirm them.
5 True/False Questions
The Twenty-Second Amendment (1951), limits the president to _____ elected terms. → 2
The roles of chief diplomat and commander in chief affords the president tremendous power over → All of the above
The State of the Union address has become a significant tool in the exercise of the president's function as → from time to time
Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution stipulates that the president, vice president, and all civil officers (including cabinet secretaries and federal judges) are subject to removal for: → II
The president has the power to appoint: → only recently been given significant responsibilities by the president.