5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- According to the intentions of the Constitution, the president in his role as commander in chief has the power to
- The president's powers as chief legislator
- The Constitution requires that the president report on the State of the Union
- Prior to the election of George Washington
- The president's executive powers are stipulated in
- a from time to time
- b have only a limited basis in the Constitution.
- c command forces in the event of war.
- d no national government had a president.
- e Article II of the Constitution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- All of the above
- although Congress passed a law granting presidents the power, the Supreme Court ruled the act unconstitutional.
- only the job of presiding over the Senate.
- allows him to recognize some governments and not others.
5 True/False questions
As commander in chief, the president → only the job of presiding over the Senate.
By law, the modern cabinet consists of the ____ department heads. → 15
The president can erase the guilt and restore the rights of anyone convicted of a federal crime, except an impeached president, through the → order
The State of the Union address has become a significant tool in the exercise of the president's function as → chief legislator.
What is it called if the president shortens a federal prison sentence? → commutation