6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
- unidentifiable unconformities
- a surface of erosion that separates one layer of rock from another
- the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of large-scale catastrophes such as floods, volcanic eruptions, etc.
- rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
- rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
5 True/False questions
nonconformity → a surface of erosion that separates one layer of rock from another
minerals → intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
humus → the decayed remains of once-living creatures
dikes → "veins" that run perpendicular to the dirrection of the strata
uniformitarianism → the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of slow, gradual processes that have been at work for millions or even billions of years.