6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- when there are parallel, stratified rock layers above and below the unconformity, but there is a clear surface of erosion between them
- the decayed remains of once-living creatures
- rock that has undergone extreme change due to lots of heat and pressure.
- intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
- the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of large-scale catastrophes such as floods, volcanic eruptions, etc.
- when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
5 True/False questions
intrusion → "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
igneous rock → "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
weathering → the process by which rocks are broken down by the forces of nature
sedimentary rock → rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
lamination → when a single layer of rock is less than 1 centimeter