6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- when a single layer of rock is less than 1 centimeter
- "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
- rock that has undergone extreme change due to lots of heat and pressure.
- rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
- rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
- the process by which rocks are broken down by the forces of nature
5 True/False Questions
minerals → intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
sills → intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
paraconformities → unidentifiable unconformities
erosion → the process by which sediments and rock fragments are carried away by wind or rain
catastrophism → the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of large-scale catastrophes such as floods, volcanic eruptions, etc.