6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- rock that has undergone extreme change due to lots of heat and pressure.
- rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
- unidentifiable unconformities
- rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
- "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
- the process by which rocks are broken down by the forces of nature
5 True/False questions
erosion → "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
disconformities → when there are parallel, stratified rock layers above and below the unconformity, but there is a clear surface of erosion between them
nonconformity → a surface of erosion that separates one layer of rock from another
humus → the decayed remains of once-living creatures
uniformitarianism → a surface of erosion that separates one layer of rock from another