6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- when there are parallel, stratified rock layers above and below the unconformity, but there is a clear surface of erosion between them
- the decayed remains of once-living creatures
- rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
- "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
- rock that has undergone extreme change due to lots of heat and pressure.
- inorganic crystalline substances found naturally in the earth
5 True/False questions
unconformity → when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
nonconformity → a surface of erosion that separates one layer of rock from another
igneous rock → rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
uniformitarianism → the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of slow, gradual processes that have been at work for millions or even billions of years.
paraconformities → when there are parallel, stratified rock layers above and below the unconformity, but there is a clear surface of erosion between them