6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the process by which sediments and rock fragments are carried away by wind or rain
- the process by which rocks are broken down by the forces of nature
- the decayed remains of once-living creatures
- the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of slow, gradual processes that have been at work for millions or even billions of years.
- when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
- inorganic crystalline substances found naturally in the earth
5 True/False questions
dikes → intrusions that run in the same direction as the strata
paraconformities → when there are parallel, stratified rock layers above and below the unconformity, but there is a clear surface of erosion between them
unconformity → when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
sedimentary rock → rock formed from molten rock, which is usually called magna.
lamination → when a single layer of rock is less than 1 centimeter