6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- when a single layer of rock is less than 1 centimeter
- "veins" that run perpendicular to the dirrection of the strata
- the view that most of earth's geological features are the result of slow, gradual processes that have been at work for millions or even billions of years.
- when stratified layers rest on top of unstratified layers
- rock that has undergone extreme change due to lots of heat and pressure.
- "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
5 True/False Questions
erosion → "veins" of igneous rock that shoot right through several layers of sedimentary rock
weathering → the process by which rocks are broken down by the forces of nature
sills → "veins" that run perpendicular to the dirrection of the strata
sedimentary rock → rock formed from sediments (sand, silt, and other components of soil) and laid down by water or some other agent.
disconformities → unidentifiable unconformities