5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Muscle Tissue
- Goblet Cell
- Endocrine Gland
- a : one of the primary tissues; covers the surface of the body and lines the body cavities, ducts, and vessels.
- b highly specialized to contract or shorten, to produce movement. Three types of muscle tissue, skeletal, cardiac and smooth(visceral).
- c individual cells (simple glands) that produce mucus.
- d abnormal increase in number of cells
- e ductless gland that empty hormonal products directly into the blood.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (1) the passage of material formed by a cell to its exterior; (2) cell product that is transported to the cell exterior.
- a group of similar cells specialized to perform a specific function; primary tissue types are epithelial, connective, muscle, and nervous tissues.
- Tissue made up of cells called neurons. A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
- membrane that lines a cavity without an opening to the outside of the body (except for joint cavities, which have a synovial membrane); serosa.
- nonliving material in connective tissue consisting of ground substance and fibers that separate the living cells.
5 True/False questions
Cartilage → Cancer causing agents
Atrophy → cord of dense fibrous tissue attaching a muscle to a bone
Metastasis → involves repair by dense fibrous connective tissue by the formation of scar tissue.
Tendon → Benign: not malignant An abnormal mass of cells that remains at its original site of the tumor in the body.
Fibrosis → the nonneuronal tissue of the central nervous system that performs supportive and other functions; also called glia.