5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Endocrine Gland
- Serous Membrane
- a (1) the passage of material formed by a cell to its exterior; (2) cell product that is transported to the cell exterior.
- b Benign: not malignant An abnormal mass of cells that remains at its original site of the tumor in the body.
- c ductless gland that empty hormonal products directly into the blood.
- d membrane that lines a cavity without an opening to the outside of the body (except for joint cavities, which have a synovial membrane); serosa.
- e the spread of cancer from one body part or organ into another not directly connected to it.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- one free (unattached) surface or edge on the membrane.
- involves repair by dense fibrous connective tissue by the formation of scar tissue.
- Tissue made up of cells called neurons. A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
- nonliving material in connective tissue consisting of ground substance and fibers that separate the living cells.
- a primary tissue; form and function vary extensively. Functions include support, storage, and protection.
5 True/False Questions
Tendon → Benign: not malignant An abnormal mass of cells that remains at its original site of the tumor in the body.
Edema → Benign: not malignant An abnormal mass of cells that remains at its original site of the tumor in the body.
Gland → an organ specialized to secrete or excrete substances for further use in the body or for elimination.
Neuroglia → the nonneuronal tissue of the central nervous system that performs supportive and other functions; also called glia.
Neoplasm → an abnormal growth of cells. Sometimes cancerous