5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many types of histories are there?
- The 4 types of examinations in order of difficulty (least to most difficult)
- Inpatient time spent at the bedside or nursing station during or after the visit is what kind of time?
- Discussion with a patient and/or family concerning 1 or more of the following areas: diagnostic results, impressions, and/or recommended diagnostic studies, prognosis, risks and benefits of treatment is ______
- If the physician who is standing by does so for 25 minutes, can he or she round the time up to 30 minutes for reporting purposes?
- a Counseling
- b 4
- c No
- d Problem focused, expanded problem focused, detailed, and comprehensive
- e Unit/floor
5 Multiple choice questions
- Initial, subsequent
- Critical care
- Problem focused
5 True/False questions
What does VLBW stand for? → Very low birth weight
4 types of medical decision making, in order of complexity from most to least complex → Problem focused, expanded problem focused, detailed, and comprehensive
Complexity of medical decision making is based on 3 _____ → 4
First 3 factors a coder must consider when coding are patient ______, ________, and _______ → Patient status, type of service, place of service
Term used to describe a patient who has been formally admitted to a hospital → outpatient