5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- narrative poem
- a a two-line stanza, usually with end-rhymes the same.
- b a stanza of three lines in which each line ends with the same rhyme.
- c Two words back to back that mean opposite things. Pretty Ugly, or wise fool
- d a non-dramatic poem which tells a story or presents a narrative, whether simple or complex, long or short. (epics and ballads are a form of this)
- e It's a very human personification. Giving things that shouldn't be human, human abilities. Examples: Spongebob eating hamburgers and talking.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a pause, usually near the middle of a line of verse, usually indicated by the sense of the line, and often greater than the normal pause.
- a six-line stanza. commonly referred to as the second division of an Italian sonnet.
- falling action
- something that is simultaneously itself and a sign of something else.
- The concluding action of a drama, especially a classical tragedy, following the climax and containing a resolution of the plot.
5 True/False questions
Digression → the use of words in a literary work. (colloquial is everyday usage in a group)
metonymy → a figure of speech which is characterized by the substitution of a term naming an object closely associated with the word in mind for the word itself. The kind is the "crown"
Frame Story → the repetition of a regular rhythmic unit in a line of poetry. each unit of ____ is known as a foot.
octave → the mode of expression in language of an author.
Post Modernism → A short, pithy and instructive statement of truth. Same thing as a Maxim.