5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dramatic poem
- a That atmosphere of a literary work with the intention of evoking a certain emotion from the audience. may be created by setting, voice, tone, and theme.
- b usually a repeated grouping of three or more lines with the same meter and rhyme scheme.
- c a poem which employs a dramatic form or some element or elements of dramatic techniques as a means of achieving poetic ends.
- d A short, pithy and instructive statement of truth. Same thing as a Maxim.
- e the repetition of identical or similar vowel sounds.
5 Multiple choice questions
- falling action
- the repetition of a regular rhythmic unit in a line of poetry. each unit of ____ is known as a foot.
- a non-dramatic poem which tells a story or presents a narrative, whether simple or complex, long or short. (epics and ballads are a form of this)
- an unusual or startling analogy pointing to a striking parallel between two seemingly dissimilar things. comparing his soul and his wife's to legs of a mathematical compass.
- a rhyme of two syllables, one stressed and one unstressed, sometimes called double rhyme. "audition and rendition"
5 True/False questions
Frame Story → The literary device of creating a larger story for the purpose of combining a number of shorter stories in a unity.
Conflict → an unusual or startling analogy pointing to a striking parallel between two seemingly dissimilar things. comparing his soul and his wife's to legs of a mathematical compass.
Hyperbole → A literary technique which imitates and ridicules another author or genre.
Anthropomorphism → It's a very human personification. Giving things that shouldn't be human, human abilities. Examples: Spongebob eating hamburgers and talking.
strategy → the management of language for a special effect. The planned placing of elements to achieve an effect. also known as rhetorical ________.