5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the environmental effects of acid rain/deposition on natural systems?
- a frost; assocated with E Climate
- b are more or less circular coral reefs enclosing a lagoon but without any land inside (just lagoon). Most are built on a foundation of volcanic rock- volcanoes rising from ocean floor.
- c when waves reach shallow water, the drag on bottom slows and steepens the wave until it leaps forward and collapse
- d process in which water in a liquid or solid state passes into the vapor state. cools off
- e acidification of lakes and streams; excessive leaching of nutrients from the soil; various metabolic disturbances to organisms; and upsetting the balances of predators to prey ratios in aquatic systems.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- center of low atmospheric pressure
- (C) coldest month has an average temp under 64.4 deg F but above 26.6 deg F. At least one moneth has an average temp above 50 deg F. Has both summer and winter.
- landscape of the Sahara Desert, a sand sea
- A- Tropical Rainy Climate, B- Dry Climate, C- Mild Humid Climate (subtropical), D- Snowy Forest (Temperate) Climate, and E- Polar Climate
- landward of sand beaches, such as Galveston, usually fin a narrow belt of dunes in the form of irregularly shaped hills and depressions; irregularly shaped sand dunes typically found adjacent to beaches on lowlying coasts and bearing a partial cover of plants
5 True/False Questions
Rainshadow → a strong enough undercurrent/undertow that can sweep swimmers off their feet and carry them seaward
Tornado → a small but very intense storm, 75- 318 miles/hr winds, base can be 300-315 feet, formed by cold air hitting warm air, fast rising cumulonumbus clouds, mainly north america
Convectional Precipitation → process of change of water vapor to either a liquid or a solid state (ex: rain or hail)
Advection fog → results from the movement of warm moist air over a cold or snow-covered ground surface... as it loses heat to the ground, the air layer undergoes a drop of temperature below the dew point and condensation sets in.
climate → when the concentration of particles and chemical pollutants are less dense but still obscuring visibility of distant objects