5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Civic Virtue
- Direct Democracy
- Executive Branch
- Purpose of government
- a To the natural rights that people can not effectively protect in a state of nature.
- b A proposed law.
- c When the people themselves control the government.
- d That both citizens and their leaders are willing to set aside their private interests and personal concerns for the common good.
- e A branch that has the power to carry out and enforce laws.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A branch that has the power to make laws.
- When the people chose leaders to make and administer laws for their country.
- Entrust their power to leaders they elect to represent them and to serve their interests.
- Person who sold their labor for the cost of coming to America.
- A type of government in which the citizens have power to govern.
5 True/False Questions
Social Contract → An agreement among the people to set up government and obey its laws. The theory was developed by the natural rights philosopher John Locke to explain the origin of legitimate government.
Monarchy → To approve of something or allow something to take place.
Consent → To approve of something or allow something to take place.
Constitution → To approve of something or allow something to take place.
Republic → Entrust their power to leaders they elect to represent them and to serve their interests.