5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Autocratic or Dictatorial Government
- Private Domain
- Social Contract
- a The wealthy upper class.
- b An agreement among the people to set up government and obey its laws. The theory was developed by the natural rights philosopher John Locke to explain the origin of legitimate government.
- c A government with unlimited power or a government with limits of power, but those limits are not enforced.
- d Entrust their power to leaders they elect to represent them and to serve their interests.
- e A part of a person's life that is not the business of government.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Political leaders of the colonies.
- When some power is given to each branch of government.
- When the powers of the different branches of government are balanced.
- A type of government in which the citizens have power to govern.
- Legal framework for government.
5 True/False Questions
Common Good → To approve of something or allow something to take place.
Executive Branch → A branch that has the power to carry out and enforce laws.
Representative → Entrust their power to leaders they elect to represent them and to serve their interests.
Civic Virtue → That both citizens and their leaders are willing to set aside their private interests and personal concerns for the common good.
Purpose of government → A type of government in which the citizens have power to govern.