5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is known as the receiving tree?
- What are the 2 types of neural summation for GP?
- What is glioblastoma?
- What is another name for pre-synaptic terminal?
- What determines if a neuron will have an excitatory or inhibitory effect on the neuron with which it synapses?
- a most frequent type of tumor in adults
- b axon terminal
- c dendrites
- d temporal summation
- e neurotransmitter
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- neurons and neuroglia
- potassium ions (K+) and anions
- dendrite-cell body
- excitation of receptor membrane
- integrative synaptic input from other neurons
5 True/False Questions
Axon length can vary from ___ ____ (in the brain) to as long as __ ______ (in the spinal cord) → unipolar or pseudopolar
What is continuously leaking out of cell? → potassium ions (K+)
The membrane potential is always ____ → -70mV
What are two stimuli that can elicit an action potential? → physical stimulus - sensory nerve ending such as pressure on skin
chemical stimulus - neurotransmitter
What is the cell membrane of the bouton? → at -70mV, in its resting state