5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What determines if a neuron will have an excitatory or inhibitory effect on the neuron with which it synapses?
- By providing insulation, glial cells prevent _____
- Action potential and associated events happen very _____
- What conveys coded info from the dendrite cell body unit to synaptic junctions?
- What is composed of glial cells that line the ventricles and choroid plexus?
- a abberant spread of signals
- b neurotransmitter
- c ependyma
- d fast
- e conductile segment
5 Multiple choice questions
- Glial cells far outnumber neurons by 5-50 times.
- depolarization (where the normal negatively polarized state no longer exists)
- spatial summation
5 True/False questions
Where are neurons not encapsulated/insulated from each other? → in choroid plexus and other structures related to the ventricles
What does an action potential do to the cell membrane? → any factor that suddenly increase the permeability of the membrane to sodium ions
How is electrical potential measured? → voltage across 2 points of the cell membrane
When does myelination begin? → prenatal
What is another name for pre-synaptic terminal? → axon terminal