5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many neurons are in the human brain?
- What is the synapse?
- Each main axon or its collaterals, terminates by branching into several terminal filaments called _______
- The _____ is porportional to the diameter of the fiber.
- What is neuroaxonal?
- a neuron to axon of a second neuron
- b teledendria
- c site of contact with one neuron with another
- d 100 billion
- e internode
5 Multiple choice questions
- glioma, glioblastoma, astrocytoma
- negative in resting cell
- any factor that suddenly increase the permeability of the membrane to sodium ions
5 True/False questions
Action potential and associated events happen very _____ → negative in resting cell
What kind of neurons are the cells in the dorsal/sensory roots of the spinal cord? → unipolar or pseudopolar
What follows the absolute refractory period? → membrane potential
What determines if a neuron will have an excitatory or inhibitory effect on the neuron with which it synapses? → 2 - 100 meters/sec.
Which neuron is found in the brain? → Oligodendroglia