5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which neuron is found in the brain?
- What constitutes the transmissive segment of the neuron?
- What are the largest and most numerous of the glial cells?
- The membrane potential is always ____
- What are Oligodendroglia?
- a multipolar
- b Equivalent to Schwann Cell in the PNS
lay down the myelin sheath in the CNS
- c negative in resting cell
- d astroglia
- e boutons
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Glial cells far outnumber neurons by 5-50 times.
- axon hillcock
- voltage across 2 points of the cell membrane
large voltage change
5 True/False Questions
What is the termination of a nerve fiber (and its branches) on a muscle? → neuromuscular (myoneural) junction
What type of neural summation requires many stimuli to converge on postsynaptic membrane simultaneously to initiate new AP? → any factor that suddenly increase the permeability of the membrane to sodium ions
What has an all-or-none phenomenon? → Action Potential
What is glioma? → excitation of receptor membrane
What is temporal summation? → several subthreshold stimuli must sum within a critical time period to initiate new AP