5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is there a high concentration of INSIDE the cell?
- What constitutes the transmissive segment of the neuron?
- Neuron fluid inside is more _____ than fluid ____ a neuron
- How many micrometers is a myelinated neuron?
- What are neuroglia cells?
- a Neuron fluid inside is more negative than fluid outside a neuron.
- b boutons
- c potassium ions (K+) and anions
- d supporting and insulating cells. also interstitial cells
- e greater than 2 micrometers in diameter
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- glioma, glioblastoma, astrocytoma
- in choroid plexus and other structures related to the ventricles
- presynaptic vessicles with neurotransmitter
5 True/False Questions
During the absolute refractory period, ___ ____ cannot be generated → The more precise a movement, the smaller the ratio.
i.e. tongue muscle 1:5
What is continuously leaking out of cell? → neuron to cell body (soma) or dendrite of a neuron
A weak stimulus evokes a _____ potential → membrane potential
What happens when the action potential permeates? → positively charged sodium ions leak into the cell in great numbers and membrane becomes more positive/less negative by at least 30 mV
What is the cell membrane of the other cell body, dendrite, axon, or muscle fiber? → around m-90mV