5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why are astroglia believed to play a role in transport of substances between capillaries and neurons and in the blood brain barrier?
- A _____ stimulus evokes a large (er) potential
- What is neurosomatic?
- What are Oligodendroglia?
- When are pathways in the CNS fully myelinated?
- a neuron to cell body (soma) or dendrite of a neuron
- b stronger
large voltage change
- c Equivalent to Schwann Cell in the PNS
lay down the myelin sheath in the CNS
- d 2 years of age
- e Because they have end-feet that contact capillaries
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- It depolarizes
- 100 billion
- potassium in
5 True/False Questions
What kind of neurons are the cells in the dorsal/sensory roots of the spinal cord? → astroglia
Together with the ___ ___, dendrites constitute the ______ segment of the neuron → Together with the cell body, dendrites constitute the receptive segment of the neuron.
The _____ is porportional to the diameter of the fiber. → internode
Where are neurotransmitter contained? → chemical messengers that transmit signals between neurons and between neurons and muscle
The more precise (fine) a movement, the ____ the ratio → The more precise a movement, the smaller the ratio.
i.e. tongue muscle 1:5