5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are alpha motor neurons and all the muscle fibers it innervates?
- What is there a high concentration of INSIDE the cell?
- What are neuroglia cells?
- What is an example of a bipolar neuron?
- What are neurotransmitters?
- a chemical messengers that transmit signals between neurons and between neurons and muscle
- b rods and cones of eye, visual receptor cells
- c supporting and insulating cells. also interstitial cells
- d motor units
- e potassium ions (K+) and anions
5 Multiple choice questions
- negative in resting cell
- Generator potentials need to sum
- multipolar neurons
5 True/False questions
Axon length can vary from ___ ____ (in the brain) to as long as __ ______ (in the spinal cord) → Axon length can vary from a few micrometers (in the brain) to as long as 2 meters (in the spinal cord)
What is the all-or-none principle? → axon
What are the 3 types of glia in the CNS? → Multipolar
What are two stimuli that can elicit an action potential? → physical stimulus - sensory nerve ending such as pressure on skin
chemical stimulus - neurotransmitter
What has sheet like processes that extend out among neurons? → soma