5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- nonimportation agreement
- Patrick Henry
- colonies and territory
- Samuel Adams
- a ____________ persuaded the Virginia assembly to pass a resolution declaring it had the exclusive right ot tax citizens.
- b __________ help start an organization called the Sons of Liberty to protest the Stamp Act.
- c After the French and Indian War, the British faced the cahllenge of protectin their interests in the _______ and new _________ they now controlled.
- d In 1767 Parliament passed a set of laws, known as the ________ Acts, which taxed imported goods.
- e What did thousands of merchansts sign during the boycott?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- With the Proclamation of 1763, the British government set up new _________ and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains
- Protesters burned ______ presenting tax collectors and destroyed houses belonging to royal officials
- In 1765 Parliament passed the ________ Act, which placed a tax on almost all printed material. The colonist opposed this new law.
- The colonists belved thes British actions ________ their rights as English citizens.
- What was the purpose of the Sugar Act?
5 True/False Questions
British → In colonial cities, people were urged to boycott ________ and European good in protest, and thousands of merchants signed nonimportation agreements.
Sugar → Parliament also passed the _________ Act, which lowered the tax on imported molasses but also let officers seize goods from smugglers without going to court.
troop expenses → Britain needed new revenue to pay ___________, so they issued new taxes on the colonies an began to enforce existing taxes more striclty.
Parlaiment → The colonists belved thes British actions ________ their rights as English citizens.
tax laws → Parliament eventually repealed the ______ Act but then passed the Declaratory Act, which stated that Parliament had the right to tax and make decisions for the British colonies in all cases.