5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- tax laws
- a Parliament also passed the _________ Act, which lowered the tax on imported molasses but also let officers seize goods from smugglers without going to court.
- b In 1767 Parliament passed a set of laws, known as the ________ Acts, which taxed imported goods.
- c Protesters burned ______ presenting tax collectors and destroyed houses belonging to royal officials
- d The colonists belved thes British actions ________ their rights as English citizens.
- e As the Bristish government passed new _______, resistance by the colonists grew.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the purpose of the Sugar Act?
- ____________ authorized writs of assistance, which allowed customs officers to enter any location to search for smuggled goods.
- What did thousands of merchansts sign during the boycott?
- ____________ persuaded the Virginia assembly to pass a resolution declaring it had the exclusive right ot tax citizens.
- In 1765 Parliament passed the ________ Act, which placed a tax on almost all printed material. The colonist opposed this new law.
5 True/False questions
troop expenses → Britain needed new revenue to pay ___________, so they issued new taxes on the colonies an began to enforce existing taxes more striclty.
Declaratory Act → With the ________ of 1763, the British government set up new provinces and prohibited colonists from moving west of the Appalachian Mountains.
British → Parliament eventually repealed the Townshend Act but then passed the Declaratory Act, which stated that Parliament had the right to tax and make decisions for the _______ colonies in all cases.
colonies and territory → In 1767 Parliament passed a set of laws, known as the ________ Acts, which taxed imported goods.
British → Parliament eventually repealed the ______ Act but then passed the Declaratory Act, which stated that Parliament had the right to tax and make decisions for the British colonies in all cases.