5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- "Those who can write..."
- Libertarian (theory of the press)
- Delayed feedback
- Second Estate of power in U.S.
- a Utilitarianism (greatest happiness for the greatest number of people); ethics of John Stuart Mill; right of mature individuals to think and act as they please so long as they do not hurt someone else.
- b The decoder's response is delayed in time from the moment of transmission; attribute that typifies mass media
- c Executive Branch (President); executes laws
- d "... are worth their weight in gold." (Prof. Reedism)
- e The receiver's response or reaction to a message
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Theory that the media/news influence one's perception of the world.
- listeners who are similar in attitude (one attribute that typifies mass media)
- Established in 1942 by Henry Luce (founder of Time Magazine); published the guidelines to "Social Responsibility Theory of Press."
- Judicial Branch (Supreme Court); determines if laws are in keeping with U.S. Constitution
- Protects individuals from unauthorized commercial use of their names and other aspects of their public persona (face, body, voice, etc.)
5 True/False Questions
Decoder → The ______ sends the message
Shield Laws → State laws that protect journalists from having to reveal their sources.
Proximity → One of the four elements of news; stories which happen near to us have more significance.
Plugola → A bribe given to a disc jockey to induce him to promote a particular record.
Sixth Amendment → The right to a: speedy public trial; impartial jury of one's peers