5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- corn beans and squash they were some of the gods of the native Americans
- a group of several families descended from a common ancestor and sharing a family name
- The development of skills in a particular kind of work, such as trading or record keeping.
- A term which designates a confederacy of 5 tribes originally inhabiting the northern part of New York state, consisting of the SENECA, CAYUGA, ONEIDA, ONONDAGA and MOHAWK
- a ranking of people into higher or lower positions of power
4 True/False Questions
Incas → A Native American people who built a notable civilization in western South America in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. The center of their empire was in present-day Peru. Francisco Pizarro of Spain conquered the empire.
Maize → group from the north that invaded central Mexico; were first wandering warriors; built their capital city at Tenochtitlan; increased their power until they dominated central Mexico; built causeways, pyramids, marketplaces, and palaces; adopted many customs from other cultures; used chinamapas for farming; militaristic society; known for human sacrifice and dedication to the sun god; ended when conquered by Spanish explorers in the 1500s
polytheism → The belief in more than 1 god
Pueblo → a form of trade in which people exchange goods and services without the use of money