5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cursus honorum
- "Carthago delenda est"
- pyrrhic victory
- a a Roman general who was elected consul seven times- he is known for the big changes he made to the Roman army, making it easier for men to be Roman soldiers
- b ascending order of Roman magistrates. The political career ladder.
- c "Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder about the threat of Carthage
- d costly victory
- e modern-day France and parts of Belgium which were conquered by Caesar
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Last Pharaoh of Egpyt who seduced Caesar and later Mark Antony
- a public affair (republic)
- Richest man in Rome due to proscription and fire dept. General who defeated Spartacus. He later served in the First Triumvirate but was killed in Parthia.
- "The die is cast" - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon
- public land - which was a source of controversy after the Punic Wars
5 True/False Questions
Servius Tullius → a public affair (republic)
Pompey → gangplank used to turn the tide of war against Carthage in the First Punic War
Vercingetorix → boundary of Roman expansion north but was bridged and crossed by Caesar as a show of force to the Germans
corvus → gangplank used to turn the tide of war against Carthage in the First Punic War
Rubicon River → boundary of Roman expansion north but was bridged and crossed by Caesar as a show of force to the Germans