5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Androgynous Nicknames
- Digital Footprint
- a Information gathered by "googling" someone, or something. Once online . . . ALWAYS online!
- b An imaginary character/object that takes the place of an actual photo/image; a sprite is used to increase your privacy online.
- c Business and college employees who frequently look at social networking sites (like Facebook) to assess the typical "behaviors" of their applicants.
- d The act of posting or sending offensive messages over the Internet; "telling someone off" using text, chat, or social networking postings.
- e "Gender neutral" names that can be used instead of real names to increase your privacy online. For example, "Pat" can be both a girl's name or a boy's name; it is "gender neutral".
5 Multiple choice questions
- A software program capable of reproducing itself and usually capable of causing great harm to files or other programs on the same computer.
- Originating from the name of Hormel's canned meat, "spam" now also refers to junk e-mail or irrelevant postings to a newsgroup or bulletin board.
- Provides nearly unlimited access to predators and hackers who can then steal your financial, medical, and other personal information.
- Malicious software designed to infiltrate or damage a computer system without the user's informed consent.
- A software program capable of reproducing itself that can spread from one computer to the next over a network.
5 True/False questions
Spyware → Malicious software designed to infiltrate or damage a computer system without the user's informed consent.
Privacy Settings → A technique often used to gain personal information for the purpose of identity theft, usually by means of fraudulent e-mail and/or social networking "questionaires".
Phishing → A technique often used to gain personal information for the purpose of identity theft, usually by means of fraudulent e-mail and/or social networking "questionaires".
Cyber Bullying → Bullying that takes place by email, instant messaging, text messages o.r web sites
Password → A secret series of characters that enables a user to access a file, computer, or program.