5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What type of neighborhood are police more likely to respond to a request for arrest?
- Which of the following is one of the five attitudinal dimensions Worden used to explain difference between individual officers?
- Which influential scholar found that respect and socialization were essential elements in police behavior?
- Which type of neighborhood mostly dislike police, but also need them the most?
- Which influential scholar created the typology of four distinct categories of police officers?
- a Muir
- b Wealthy neighborhoods
- c Westley
- d Both A and B;
a) Neighborhoods that have more quality-of-life problems
b) Lower socioeconomic neighborhoods
- e Role orientations
5 Multiple choice questions
- As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
- Officers with smaller beats typically have a more service-style approach
- To direct and control employee behavior
- A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
- Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
5 True/False questions
Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar? → Particularity perspective
What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested? → Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
What does the expression, "Policing by the letter of the law" mean? → Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
The use of discretion consists of which of the following determinations? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
Which of the following styles is chiefly concerned with achieving "order maintenance" through control of illegal and disruptive behavior? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely