5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What does the expression, "Policing by the letter of the law" mean?
- What are some characteristics of officers that support the argument for predisposition?
- According to the text, why are young people more likely to be arrested than elderly people?
- What is the definition of a symbolic assailant?
- The use of discretion consists of which of the following determinations?
- a A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
- b None of the above
- c Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
- d Both A and B are correct;
a) How to intervene on a situation
b) Whether or not to intervene on a situation
- e Young people tend to disrespect police more, which leads to a reciprocal behavior by police arrest
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Both A and B;
a) Neighborhoods that have more quality-of-life problems
b) Lower socioeconomic neighborhoods
- Role orientations
- The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
- Creates job satisfaction
- Officers with smaller beats typically have a more service-style approach
5 True/False Questions
Which influential scholar created the typology of four distinct categories of police officers? → Westley
Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure? → To direct and control employee behavior
What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested? → Ladylike behavior
Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
Which influential scholar found that respect and socialization were essential elements in police behavior? → Westley