5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was a central finding of Manning's research?
- Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar?
- Which of the following statements is correct?
- The use of discretion consists of which of the following determinations?
- According to the text, why are young people more likely to be arrested than elderly people?
- a As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
- b Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
- c Young people tend to disrespect police more, which leads to a reciprocal behavior by police arrest
- d Both A and B are correct;
a) How to intervene on a situation
b) Whether or not to intervene on a situation
- e Particularity perspective
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The watchman style
- Both A and B;
a) Neighborhoods that have more quality-of-life problems
b) Lower socioeconomic neighborhoods
- The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
- Wealthy neighborhoods
5 True/False Questions
What is the definition of a symbolic assailant? → The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
Which influential scholar created the typology of four distinct categories of police officers? → Westley
What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested? → Ladylike behavior
What effect do education, age, and experience level have on police behavior and decision- making? → Neither A nor B are correct
What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement? → Creates job satisfaction