5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are some characteristics of officers that support the argument for predisposition?
- Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure?
- Which influential scholar created the typology of four distinct categories of police officers?
- Which of the following styles is chiefly concerned with achieving "order maintenance" through control of illegal and disruptive behavior?
- Which of the following is one of the five attitudinal dimensions Worden used to explain difference between individual officers?
- a To direct and control employee behavior
- b Role orientations
- c None of the above
- d The watchman style
- e Muir
5 Multiple choice questions
- As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
- Young people tend to disrespect police more, which leads to a reciprocal behavior by police arrest
- Wealthy neighborhoods
- Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
5 True/False questions
What does the expression, "Policing by the letter of the law" mean? → Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
What is the territorial imperative? → The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
What effect do education, age, and experience level have on police behavior and decision- making? → Neither A nor B are correct
What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested? → Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
What is the definition of a symbolic assailant? → The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas