5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement?
- Which type of neighborhood mostly dislike police, but also need them the most?
- Which of the following is one of the five attitudinal dimensions Worden used to explain difference between individual officers?
- Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar?
- What are some characteristics of officers that support the argument for predisposition?
- a Both A and B;
a) Neighborhoods that have more quality-of-life problems
b) Lower socioeconomic neighborhoods
- b Creates job satisfaction
- c None of the above
- d Particularity perspective
- e Role orientations
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
- Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
- Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
- Wealthy neighborhoods
- Young people tend to disrespect police more, which leads to a reciprocal behavior by police arrest
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following styles is chiefly concerned with achieving "order maintenance" through control of illegal and disruptive behavior? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
Which influential scholar found that respect and socialization were essential elements in police behavior? → Westley
What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested? → Ladylike behavior
The use of discretion consists of which of the following determinations? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
Why do most police departments follow a bureaucratic organizational structure? → To direct and control employee behavior