5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement?
- What effect do education, age, and experience level have on police behavior and decision- making?
- What is a characteristic of women who are least likely to be arrested?
- What does the expression, "Policing by the letter of the law" mean?
- What are some characteristics of officers that support the argument for predisposition?
- a Ladylike behavior
- b None of the above
- c Neither A nor B are correct
- d Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
- e Creates job satisfaction
5 Multiple choice questions
- Particularity perspective
- Police behavior is dictated by their position in the impossible situation of ensuring public order and protecting individual rights
- Both A and B;
a) Neighborhoods that have more quality-of-life problems
b) Lower socioeconomic neighborhoods
- To direct and control employee behavior
5 True/False questions
According to the text, why are young people more likely to be arrested than elderly people? → Ladylike behavior
Which of the following styles is chiefly concerned with achieving "order maintenance" through control of illegal and disruptive behavior? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
What type of neighborhood are police more likely to respond to a request for arrest? → Wealthy neighborhoods
Which of the following is one of the five attitudinal dimensions Worden used to explain difference between individual officers? → As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
What is the definition of a symbolic assailant? → A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious