5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What type of neighborhood are police more likely to respond to a request for arrest?
- Which perspective determines that officers are psychologically similar?
- What is the definition of a symbolic assailant?
- Which influential scholar created the typology of four distinct categories of police officers?
- Which of the following statements is correct?
- a Muir
- b A person whom a police officer thinks is potentially dangerous, such as someone who seems suspicious
- c Particularity perspective
- d Wealthy neighborhoods
- e As the relational distance between two parties increases, arrest is more likely
5 Multiple choice questions
- Police officers strictly interpret and enforce the law according to the exact statements of the law
- To direct and control employee behavior
- Ladylike behavior
- The sense of obligation and protectiveness that develops in officers' routine patrol areas
- The watchman style
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is one of the five attitudinal dimensions Worden used to explain difference between individual officers? → Role orientations
How does an officer's beat affect his policing behavior and decision making? → Officers with smaller beats typically have a more service-style approach
What is one of the advantages associated with the use of discretion in law enforcement? → Creates job satisfaction
What effect do education, age, and experience level have on police behavior and decision- making? → Neither A nor B are correct
Which type of neighborhood mostly dislike police, but also need them the most? → Wealthy neighborhoods