5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thermidorian reaction
- representative government
- liberty and equality
- checks and balances
- a a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- b Two ideas that fueled revolution in America and Europe. It was a call for individual human rights
- c A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
- d Power is held by the people and exercised through representatives elected by the people.
- e urban workers "those without knee breeches"
5 Multiple choice questions
- a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution
- These were the liberals of France who did not want to execute Louis XVI, but The Mountain did anyway
- Radical republicans during the French Revolution.
- the power to govern
- Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
5 True/False questions
planned economy → the power to govern
the Mountain → political party lead by Robespierre, men of action, were main leaders in revolution
nationalism → love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
Great Fear → when Bastille was destroyed, a wave of violence that took over france
constitutional monarchy → The idea that the father was the head of the household and ruled with absolute authority.