5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- family monarchy
- second revolution
- Reign of Terror
- a These were the liberals of France who did not want to execute Louis XVI, but The Mountain did anyway
- b love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
- c The idea that the father was the head of the household and ruled with absolute authority.
- d The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
- e a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Radical republicans during the French Revolution.
- a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy
- another term for "classes" of people
- Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
5 True/False Questions
the Mountain → political party lead by Robespierre, men of action, were main leaders in revolution
bourgeoisie → These were the liberals of France who did not want to execute Louis XVI, but The Mountain did anyway
manorial rights → love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
checks and balances → urban workers "those without knee breeches"
liberty and equality → Two ideas that fueled revolution in America and Europe. It was a call for individual human rights