5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- classical liberalism
- Thermidorian reaction
- Great Fear
- constitutional monarchy
- a a system of governing in which the ruler's power is limited by law
- b a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- c urban workers "those without knee breeches"
- d when Bastille was destroyed, a wave of violence that took over france
- e Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy
- another term for "classes" of people
- love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
- a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution
- A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
5 True/False Questions
Jacobins → Radical republicans during the French Revolution.
manorial rights → urban workers "those without knee breeches"
liberty and equality → Two ideas that fueled revolution in America and Europe. It was a call for individual human rights
representative government → The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
the Mountain → the power to govern