5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- manorial rights
- second revolution
- a a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution
- b urban workers "those without knee breeches"
- c the power to govern
- d Privileges of lordship.
- e love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
5 Multiple choice questions
- a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- another term for "classes" of people
- A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
- The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
- The idea that the father was the head of the household and ruled with absolute authority.
5 True/False questions
constitutional monarchy → a system of governing in which the ruler's power is limited by law
Girondists → These were the liberals of France who did not want to execute Louis XVI, but The Mountain did anyway
classical liberalism → Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
Great Fear → another term for "classes" of people
liberty and equality → Two ideas that fueled revolution in America and Europe. It was a call for individual human rights