5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- planned economy
- constitutional monarchy
- checks and balances
- Reign of Terror
- a Radical republicans during the French Revolution.
- b A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
- c a system of governing in which the ruler's power is limited by law
- d an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy
- e The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- These were the liberals of France who did not want to execute Louis XVI, but The Mountain did anyway
- The idea that the father was the head of the household and ruled with absolute authority.
- a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- Privileges of lordship.
- educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution
5 True/False Questions
liberty and equality → Two ideas that fueled revolution in America and Europe. It was a call for individual human rights
sovereignty → educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution
representative government → when Bastille was destroyed, a wave of violence that took over france
nationalism → another term for "classes" of people
second revolution → a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution