5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thermidorian reaction
- classical liberalism
- a a reaction to the Reign of Terror where middle class professionals reasserted their authority
- b educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution
- c Emphasizes freedom, democracy, and the importance of the individual.
- d the power to govern
- e another term for "classes" of people
5 Multiple choice questions
- Power is held by the people and exercised through representatives elected by the people.
- The idea that the father was the head of the household and ruled with absolute authority.
- The period 1793-1794 in revolutionary France when suspected traitors were beheaded in great numbers
- a system of governing in which the ruler's power is limited by law
- a phase when the fall of the French monarchy marked a rapid radicalization of the Revolution
5 True/False questions
Great Fear → another term for "classes" of people
nationalism → love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
the Mountain → political party lead by Robespierre, men of action, were main leaders in revolution
checks and balances → A system that allows each branch of government to limit the powers of the other branches
planned economy → an economic system in which the government or workers' councils manages the economy