← Logic (Intro-2) Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What happens during a judgment?
- What happens during a deductive inference?
- What are the two branches of logic?
- What the the three things associated with a simple apprehension?
- What is truth?
- a When we make logical connections between the term and the argument.
- b formal and material logic
- c truth is the correspondence of a statement to reality
- d When we affirm or deny something about the subject.
- e perceive something with our senses, form a mental image, conceive its meaning
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.
- comprehension and extension
- deals with the content of an argument
- Logic is the science of right thinking.
- a featherless biped
5 True/False Questions
What is soundness? → An argument is sound when the premises are true and the argument is valid.
At what point do you go from simple apprehension to judgment? → When you affirm or deny anything about a concept.
What is formal logic? → deals with the content of an argument
What is an animal? → a rational, sentient, living, material substance
What happens during a simple apprehension? → We form a concept of something in our minds