5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happens during a deductive inference?
- What is a simple apprehension?
- What is abstraction?
- What happens during a simple apprehension?
- What the the three things associated with a simple apprehension?
- a When we make logical connections between the term and the argument.
- b The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.
- c We form a concept of something in our minds
- d An act by which the mind grasps the concept or general meaning of an object without affirming or denying anything.
- e perceive something with our senses, form a mental image, conceive its meaning
5 Multiple choice questions
- An argument is sound when the premises are true and the argument is valid.
- The act of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, or touching
- Logic is the science of right thinking.
- interested in form of reasoning
- comprehension and extension
5 True/False questions
Who is the father of logic? → deals with the content of an argument
What is the definition of extension? → extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
What happens during a judgment? → When we make logical connections between the term and the argument.
What was Plato's definition of man? → extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
What is truth? → truth is the correspondence of a statement to reality