5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a mental image?
- What is a man?
- What is sense perception?
- What is abstraction?
- Who is the father of logic?
- a The act of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, or touching
- b The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.
- c Aristotle
- d The image of an object formed in the mind.
- e a rational, sentient, living, material substance
5 Multiple choice questions
- perceive something with our senses, form a mental image, conceive its meaning
- An act by which the mind grasps the concept or general meaning of an object without affirming or denying anything.
- comprehension and extension
- When you affirm or deny anything about a concept.
- interested in form of reasoning
5 True/False questions
What happens during a simple apprehension? → An act by which the mind grasps the concept or general meaning of an object without affirming or denying anything.
What is truth? → Logic is the science of right thinking.
What is the definition of comprehension? → extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
What are the two branches of logic? → Aristotle
What is material logic? → interested in form of reasoning