5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happens during a judgment?
- What happens during a deductive inference?
- What is a mental image?
- What is the definition of extension?
- What happens during a simple apprehension?
- a The image of an object formed in the mind.
- b We form a concept of something in our minds
- c When we make logical connections between the term and the argument.
- d extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
- e When we affirm or deny something about the subject.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An act by which the mind grasps the concept or general meaning of an object without affirming or denying anything.
- The completely articulated sum of intelligible aspects represented by a concept
- comprehension and extension
- interested in form of reasoning
- An argument is sound when the premises are true and the argument is valid.
5 True/False questions
What is a man? → truth is the correspondence of a statement to reality
What is abstraction? → The process by which a simple apprehension is derived from a sense perception or a mental image.
What are the two branches of logic? → Aristotle
What is truth? → truth is the correspondence of a statement to reality
What the the three things associated with a simple apprehension? → comprehension and extension