5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is material logic?
- What the the three things associated with a simple apprehension?
- What happens during a deductive inference?
- What happens during a simple apprehension?
- What is the definition of extension?
- a extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
- b We form a concept of something in our minds
- c When we make logical connections between the term and the argument.
- d deals with the content of an argument
- e perceive something with our senses, form a mental image, conceive its meaning
5 Multiple choice questions
- Logic is the science of right thinking.
- comprehension and extension
- An act by which the mind grasps the concept or general meaning of an object without affirming or denying anything.
- The act of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, or touching
- a sentient, living, material substance
5 True/False questions
What is truth? → truth is the correspondence of a statement to reality
What is a mental image? → The image of an object formed in the mind.
At what point do you go from simple apprehension to judgment? → When you affirm or deny anything about a concept.
What was Plato's definition of man? → extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies
What is the definition of comprehension? → extension tells us the things to which the essence of the object applies