5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Core firms
- The best type of portfolio strategy may be WHAT?
- Competitive Aggressiveness
- Transient firms
- Cash cow
- a entrepreneurial firms must be more willing to use unconventional strategies than the firms already existing in a new market space in order to gain an advantage.
- b the central companies in a strategic group.
- c : the firms in a strategic group whose strategies are changing from one strategic position to another
- d a company with a large share of a slow-growing market
- e related diversification
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- creating or acquiring companies that share similar products, manufacturing, marketing, technology, or cultures
- creating or acquiring companies in completely unrelated businesses.
- a resource that is impossible or extremely costly or difficult for other firms to duplicate.
- The strategy-making process is the method by which companies create strategies that produce sustainable competitive advantage
- a resource, without equivalent substitutes or replacements, that produces value or competitive advantage
5 True/False Questions
Competitive inertia → providing greater value for customers than competitors can.
Growth strategy → a strategy that focuses on increasing profits, revenues, market share, or the number of places in which the company does business.
Proactiveness → the assets, capabilities, processes, information, and knowledge that an organization uses to improve its effectiveness and efficiency, to create and sustain competitive advantage, and to fulfill a need or solve a problem
Strategic group → a discrepancy between upper management's intended strategy and the strategy actually implemented by lower levels of management
Rare resource → the assets, capabilities, processes, information, and knowledge that an organization uses to improve its effectiveness and efficiency, to create and sustain competitive advantage, and to fulfill a need or solve a problem