5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Strategy making can improve the following for both big and small firm:
- Valuable resource
- Imperfectly imitable resource
- Strategic dissonance
- Resource similarity
- a the extent to which competitors have similar amounts and kinds of resources.
- b a resource that is impossible or extremely costly or difficult for other firms to duplicate.
- c a discrepancy between upper management's intended strategy and the strategy actually implemented by lower levels of management
- d Profits,Sales Growth, and Return on Investment
- e a resource that allows companies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
5 Multiple choice questions
- providing greater value for customers than competitors can.
- Star, Question mark,Cash cow, and Dog
- creating or acquiring companies in completely unrelated businesses.
- the overall organizational strategy that addresses the question "What business or businesses are we in or should we be in?"
- creating or acquiring companies that share similar products, manufacturing, marketing, technology, or cultures
5 True/False questions
Intrapreneurship → the process of entering new or established markets with new goods or services. (know characteristics for this)
There are three types of grand strategies.
Name them. → growth, stability, and retrenchment
Shadow-strategy task force → : a committee within a company that analyzes the company's own weaknesses to determine how competitors could exploit them for competitive advantage.
Retrenchment strategy → strategy that focuses on turning around very poor company performance by shrinking the size or scope of the business
Competitive inertia → a reluctance to change strategies or competitive practices that have been successful in the past