5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- An analysis of an organization's internal environment begins with an assessment of WHAT?
- WHAT are the following four conditions must be met if a firm's resources are to be used to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage?
- Strategic group
- Unrelated diversification
- Competitive advantage
- a a group of companies within an industry that top managers choose to compare, evaluate, and benchmark strategic threats and opportunities.
- b Valuable resource,Rare resource ,Imperfectly imitable resource, and Nonsubstitutable resource
- c creating or acquiring companies in completely unrelated businesses.
- d distinctive competencies and core capabilities
- e providing greater value for customers than competitors can.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the degree to which two companies have overlapping products, services, or customers in multiple markets
- the rivalry between two companies that offer similar products and services, acknowledge each other as rivals, and act and react to each other's strategic actions
- growth, stability, and retrenchment
- a company with a large share of a slow-growing market
- related diversification
5 True/False Questions
Intrapreneurship → entrepreneurship within an existing organization
Core firms → the firms in a strategic group that follow related, but somewhat different strategies than do the core firms
Resource similarity → the extent to which competitors have similar amounts and kinds of resources.
Retrenchment strategy → strategy that focuses on turning around very poor company performance by shrinking the size or scope of the business
Strategy Making for Firms Big and Small → The strategy-making process is the method by which companies create strategies that produce sustainable competitive advantage