5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Risk Taking
- The best type of portfolio strategy may be WHAT?
- WHAT are the three steps to create strategies that produce sustainable competitive advantage?
- Unrelated diversification
- a entrepreneurial firms are willing to take risks that could result in costly failures.
- b creating or acquiring companies in completely unrelated businesses.
- c a company with a small share of a slow-growing market.
- d related diversification
- e assess the need for strategic change, conduct a situational analysis, and choose strategic alternatives.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a reluctance to change strategies or competitive practices that have been successful in the past
- The strategy-making process is the method by which companies create strategies that produce sustainable competitive advantage
- a company with a large share of a slow-growing market
- distinctive competencies and core capabilities
- the process of entering new or established markets with new goods or services. (know characteristics for this)
5 True/False Questions
Star → a company with a small share of a slow-growing market.
Stability strategy → a strategy that focuses on improving the way in which the company sells the same products or services to the same customers
Strategic dissonance → a group of companies within an industry that top managers choose to compare, evaluate, and benchmark strategic threats and opportunities.
Resources → a resource that is not controlled or possessed by many competing firms.
Competitive advantage → a reluctance to change strategies or competitive practices that have been successful in the past