5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Central Processing Unit
- a A device that controls the movement of the cursor or pointer on a display screen.
- b This represents 1,000 megabytes or 1 billion bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
- c This represents 1,000,000 bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
- d What "CPU" stands for.
- e Slowest Internet connection.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A unit of storage capable of holding a single character.
- Main circuit board of a microcomputer. Contains the connectors for attaching additional boards.
- The brains of the computer. Most calculations take place here. (Abbreviation)
- 2nd fastest Internet connection.
- What "ROM" stands for.
5 True/False Questions
RAM → Computers almost always contain a small amount of this that holds instructions for starting up computer. Cannot be written to. (Abbreviation)
Graphics Interchange Format → What "pixel" is short for.
Random Access Memory → What "RAM" stands for.
Pixels → This technique includes data compression, but because it is limited to 256 colors, it is more effective for scanned images such as illustrations rather than color photos. (Abbreviation)
CD ROM → Compact disks are capable of storing information on this. (Abbreviation)