5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hard Disk Drives
- a A unit of storage capable of holding a single character.
- b 3rd Fastest Internet connection.
- c Computers almost always contain a small amount of this that holds instructions for starting up computer. Cannot be written to. (Abbreviation)
- d The mechanisms that read and write data on a hard disk. The ones in PCs generally have seek times of about 12 milliseconds or less. Many of them improve their performance through a technique called caching.
- e This technique includes data compression, but because it is limited to 256 colors, it is more effective for scanned images such as illustrations rather than color photos. (Abbreviation)
5 Multiple choice questions
- The set of typewriter-like keys that enables you to enter data into a computer. These are similar to electric-typewriter versions but contain additional keys.
- What "byte" is short for.
- 4th Fastest Internet connection.
- What "JPEG" stands for.
- A machine that reads and writes data onto a disk. Rotates disk very fast and has one or more heads that read data.
5 True/False questions
CD ROM → Compact disks are capable of storing information on this. (Abbreviation)
Kilobyte → This represents 1,000 bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
Universal Serial Bus → What "USB" stands for.
Megabyte → This represents 1,000 megabytes or 1 billion bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
Gigabyte → This represents 1,000,000 bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)