5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Graphics Interchange Format
- Operating System
- Picture Element
- a Equipment (CPU, disks, tapes, modem, cables, etc.). The design specifies the commands it can follow, and the instructions tell it what to do.
- b What "GIF" stands for.
- c A unit of storage capable of holding a single character.
- d What "pixel" is short for.
- e What "OS" stands for.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What "JPEG" stands for.
- This is a compression technique for color images. Although it can reduce files sizes to about 5% of their normal size, some detail is lost in the compression. (Abbreviation)
- What "CPU" stands for.
- Main circuit board of a microcomputer. Contains the connectors for attaching additional boards.
- Computers almost always contain a small amount of this that holds instructions for starting up computer. Cannot be written to. (Abbreviation)
5 True/False Questions
Binary Term → What "byte" is short for.
Read Only Memory → Internal storage areas in the computer.
Memory → Internal storage areas in the computer.
Kilobyte → This represents 1,000 megabytes or 1 billion bytes. (NOT Abbreviation)
GIF → This technique includes data compression, but because it is limited to 256 colors, it is more effective for scanned images such as illustrations rather than color photos. (Abbreviation)