← Unit 8, Part 1 Test
5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- zygomatic bones
- dental alveolus
- coronoid process
- a What is the point of attachment for the temporalis muscle called on the mandible?
- b What are the tooth sockets called?
- c What bones help to form the zygomatic arch or cheekbones? Important muscles of articulation and mastication are attached to this bone.
- d Which bone starts out as two bones in a newborn that ossify during the first year of life, and is considered a single bone within the adult?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This structure houses the teeth. It is on the maxilla and the mandible.
- This structure of the maxilla articulates with the zygomatic bone...
- This structure on the zygomatic bone articulates with the maxilla...
- What is the upper surface of the tooth bearing mandible?
- What are the 14 bones of the facial skeleton?
5 True/False Questions
frontal process → This structure on the zygomatic bone helps to make up part of the orbital cavity...
maxilla → Which bone starts out as two bones in a newborn that ossify during the first year of life, and is considered a single bone within the adult?
head and neck → What are the two small oblong plates of bones that forms the bridge of the nose?
cranium (braincase) → What houses and protects the brain?
nasal bones → These bones are the smallest facial bones. They form the medial wall of the orbital cavity (eye socket)...