← Unit 8, Part 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- frontal process
- palatine bones
- mental foramen
- palatine process
- a This structure permits the mental nerve and blood vessels to pass from within the bone to the external surface of the mandible...
- b A paired set of bones that form the entire upper jaw?
- c This structure of the maxilla forms the bony frame of the nose and lateral wall of the nasal cavity. It also articulates with the frontal bone
- d These are two "L" shaped bones that form part of the palate?
- e This structure of the maxilla forms the the floor of the nasal cavity and the bony roof of the mouth (the palate). It articulates with the palatine bones.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The __ __ form the posterior 1/4 of the bony palate.
- What is the point of the chin called?
- This is where the zygomatic bone articulates with the frontal bone and the sphenoid bone...
- The head of this process articulates with the cranium at the temporal bone and forms the tempormandibular joint. It forms the only freely movable joint of the skull.
- This structure on the zygomatic bone articulates with the maxilla...
5 True/False Questions
mandible and vomer → This structure permits entrance of nerves and blood vessels from one side of the mandible to the other...
mandible → Which bone starts out as two bones in a newborn that ossify during the first year of life, and is considered a single bone within the adult?
cranium (braincase) → What houses and protects the brain?
zygomatic process → This structure of the maxilla articulates with the zygomatic bone...
mandible → A paired set of bones that form the entire upper jaw?