5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- microorganisms or their products
- interferon alpha and beta
- a All infectious diseases are caused by_____ ______.
- b Which gland shrinks in size during adulthood, and has hormones that function in maturation of T-lymphocytes?
- c This inhibits viral replication
- d Joe cut his finger on a sharp twig and is now experiencing dolor. This means ____.
- e An animal, such as an arthropod, that transmits a pathogen from one host to another is a ______.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This body region is protected by fatty acids, acidic pH, lactic acid, and a tough cell barrier with its own normal flora
- The blood cells that particularly target parasitic worms and fungi are ______.
- Plasma cells produce and secrete ______.
- Certain complement components stimulate ____ _____.
- The _________ system is a support network of CT fibers, that originates in the cellular basal lamina. It provides a passageway within and between tissues and organs. It is also heavily populated with macrophages.
5 True/False Questions
infections of the fetus and neonate → STOCH is an acronym that represents the most common
sign → the objective, measurable evidence of disease evaluated by an observer is termed ____.
phagocytic white blood cells → Resident flora of the intestines include
exoenzymes → Microbial hyaluronidase, coagulase, and steptokinase are examples of
large intestine → The body site with resident flora that produces beneficial body products, including vitamin K and several other vitamins is the