5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A microorganism that is not motile and has stopped metabolizing could be considered ______ .
- b These are complexes of iodine and a neutral polymer.
this formulation allows a slow release of free iodine and increases its penetration.
it is less prone to staining or irritating tissue.
- c it directly binds to reverse transcriptase and prevents reverse transcription of HIV RNA, The drug ________seems to slow down the AID's infection by inserting itself into a growing DNA chain of HIV and terminating synthesis.
- d metabolic analogs of PABA and block folic acid synthesis
- e Substances that are naturally produced by certain microorganisms that can inhibit or destroy other microorganisms are called ______.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The drug acts as an antigen.
Hives may be the result after the drug is taken.
Anaphylaxis can occur.
These are all _____ ______.
- This type of agent targets protein conformation
- The structure of a protein
- Antimicrobics effective against only gram positive bacteria would be termed ____ ____.
- The compound that is an organic base containing chlorine and two phenolic rings, and is used increasingly for handscrubbing, neonatal washes, wound degerming, and prepping surgical skin sites is _______.
5 True/False Questions
glutaraldehyde → officially accepted as a sterilant and high-level disinfectant.
Tetraclycline → Which antimicrobial is contraindicated for children due to permanent tooth discoloration?
Acyclovir → Which organ is responsible for metabolizing and detoxifying foreign chemicals in the blood, including drugs?
Filtration → Scrubbing or immersing the skin in chemicals to reduce the numbers of microbes on the skin
refrigeration → decreases chemical reactions/ bacteriostatic, food, drug and culture preservation