5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- benefits of food irradiation
- a all the plant life in a particular region
- b it directly binds to reverse transcriptase and prevents reverse transcription of HIV RNA, The drug ________seems to slow down the AID's infection by inserting itself into a growing DNA chain of HIV and terminating synthesis.
- c Substances that are naturally produced by certain microorganisms that can inhibit or destroy other microorganisms are called ______.
- d It can kill bacterial pathogens, and insects on the food. It can also inhibit the sprouting of white potatoes as well as reduce the number of food-borne deaths each year.
- e metabolic analogs of PABA and block folic acid synthesis
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Minimum Inhibitory Concentration
- Antivirals that target reverse transcriptase would be used to treat ___.
- a gas used to sterilize objects or instruments
- Which drugs bind to the 30S ribosomal subunit and interfere with the initiation complex, causing a misreading of mRNA?
- any drug that destroys bacteria or inhibits their growth
5 True/False Questions
refrigeration → decreases chemical reactions/ bacteriostatic, food, drug and culture preservation
Liver → Which organ is responsible for metabolizing and detoxifying foreign chemicals in the blood, including drugs?
Sterilization → the procedure of making some object free of live bacteria or other microorganisms (usually by heat or chemical means)
hydrogen peroxide → Which chemical is a disinfectant for soft contact lenses?
amphotericin B → any drug that destroys bacteria or inhibits their growth