5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Trojan horse
- Flash memory cards
- a _____ are the most common type of storage media for digital cameras and mobile phones.
b. Optical discs
c. Cache packets
d. Flash memory cards
- b ____ refers to unsolicited email sent to a large group of individuals at one time.
- c Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You study a series of real-life issues to determine what kind of security and/or privacy threat you are facing.
You have found an interesting calendar program at a Web site and downloaded it to help you stay organized. However, within a couple days of installing the program, your computer starts behaving oddly. Strange popups appear, the home page of your Internet browser has been switched, and the system is running sluggishly. You likely have installed a ____.
c. Trojan horse
- d The term memory when referring to computers usually means _____.
- e In a File Explorer window, you can tell that a folder is compressed by the _____ icon displayed.
a. exclamation point
b. open folder
d. empty folder
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The means by which you interact with any program on a computer is called the user ____.
- Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
Damon is learning about intellectual property, copyright, and plagiarism. You give him several scenarios to test his understanding.
In an article, a journalist paraphrases a few sentences from another author without changing the meaning, and credits the original author with a proper citation. The journalist receives pay for this article. Damon tells you this is ____.
b. not plagiarism
c. too little information to say
d. both illegal and unethical
- A(n) ____ is a secure, private path across a public network that is set up to allow authorized users private, secure access to the company network.
d. Internet P2P network
- SMS can transmit up to ____ characters in one message.
- To change which area of the workspace is visible in the program window, you can use the _______.
a. zoom bars
b. scroll bars
c. resolution setting
5 True/False Questions
"Reply" to Travis → _____ are very small pieces of semiconducting material that contain integrated circuits.
b. Computer chips
c. Optical drives
d. Expansion slots
spoofed → ____ browsing allows you to open multiple Web pages at one time.
Bluetooth → ____ is a wireless standard in the 2.4 GHz frequency band that is designed for very short-range connections, to replace cables between devices.
d. Red Hat
biometric → The operating system is loaded into memory during the ____ process.
database software → Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You are in the market for various kinds of application software.
Your business has a growing client base as well as a growing inventory. You need to keep track of a good deal of information and be able to search for information quickly, so you decide to invest in ____.
a. database software
b. mastersheet software
c. presentation software
d. note taking software