5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- is moved, not copied
- a To help protect your computer, avoid opening email attachments with any of the following file extensions EXCEPT ____.
- b The core of the computer's operating system is called the ____.
a. boot sector
- c The files you create in Excel are called _______.
- d When you drag a file or folder from one location to another on the same drive, it _____.
a. is copied, not moved
b. is moved, not copied
c. is automatically extracted
d. is automatically compressed
- e A(n) ____ is a secure, private path across a public network that is set up to allow authorized users private, secure access to the company network.
d. Internet P2P network
5 Multiple choice questions
- Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
The world of the Internet can be overwhelming. You take some time to break it down in your mind, understanding the community and its players. For each of the following questions, look at the organizations, businesses, or individuals listed, and then determine what they represent as a whole.
AT&T, Comcast are ____.
b. software companies
c. key Internet organizations
- System software consists of ____.
a. the operating system & utility programs that control a computer
b. productivity programs such as Microsoft Office
c. RAM, the hard disk, and any USB flash drives attached
d. only those programs that operate enterprise-class servers
- In the accompanying figure, you can type entries into the location(s) marked by box _______.
- In the accompanying figure, box _______ represents the view buttons.
- The text lists all of the following as commonly used Web browsers EXCEPT ____.
b. Internet Explorer
5 True/False questions
Identity theft → Only ____ email can be transmitted safely and privately.
UNIX → Mac OS is based on the ____ operating system.
a URL → Using only what you can see in the accompanying figure, you can say that the box marked A is pointing to _______.
a. a URL
b. the home page
c. the status bar
d. the current default search engine
tabs → The ribbon is organized into _______ and groups.
command-line interface → The accompanying figure shows a(n) ____.
c. command-line interface
d. UNIX interface