5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- online harassment
- unauthorized use
- a When you type a URL into the Address bar and press the Enter key, Internet Explorer automatically adds _______ to the URL and then displays the page.
- b A _______ is a shortcut to a Web page saved in a list in the Internet Explorer desktop application.
- c An employee using a company computer to check personal email is an example of ____.
a. fair use
b. unauthorized use
c. unauthorized access
- d The core of the computer's operating system is called the ____.
a. boot sector
- e Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You study a series of real-life issues to determine what kind of security and/or privacy threat you are facing.
A relative of yours is in junior high school and has been subjected to a lot of bullying via text messages and social networking sites. You want to help, so you start to read up on the state laws and school rules that deal with ____.
b. identity theft
c. online harassment
5 Multiple choice questions
- Presenting someone else's work as your own is ____.
b. trademark infringement
d. unethical but not illegal
- If you point to an application button on the desktop taskbar, _____.
a. a thumbnail of the application window appears
b. the application becomes active
c. the application is maximized
d. a shortcut menu appears
- When a software program is purchased, ____.
a. the buyer is buying the software
b. the buyer can modify and resell the software
c. the buyer may always install the software on as many systems as he or she wishes
- Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
Clarice is a network consultant, fielding questions from clients during the day, and navigating a wired and wireless world both at the office and at home.
Clarice sometimes accesses her work computer at home via the Internet. She does so knowing that her connection is secure and private. The connection path she uses is an example of a(n) ____.
- The latest version of the Windows operating system is ____.
a. Windows XP
b. Windows 10
c. Windows Vista
d. Windows 8
5 True/False questions
hardware and software companies → Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
The world of the Internet can be overwhelming. You take some time to break it down in your mind, understanding the community and its players. For each of the following questions, look at the organizations, businesses, or individuals listed, and then determine what they represent as a whole.
Router manufacturer, maker of the latest Web browser, computer designer are ____.
b. key Internet organizations
c. hardware and software companies
CPU → To select nonadjacent files, press and hold the _____ key while selecting individual files.
a star → Any fact or set of facts, such as the words in a letter to a friend or the notes in a song, can become computer ____.
worms, Trojan horses → Unlike ____, ____ cannot replicate themselves.
a. Trojan horses, worms
b. viruses, worms
c. worms, Trojan horses
d. worms, viruses
virus → A ____ is a program that is installed without the permission or knowledge of the computer user, that is designed to alter the way a computer operates, and that can replicate itself to infect any new media it has access to.
b. Trojan horse