5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- File Explorer windows
- software suite
- a The Formulas tab is unique to _______.
- b You use _____ to navigate, view, and work with the contents and resources on your computer.
a. application windows
b. dialog boxes
c. Start windows
d. File Explorer windows
- c A communications ____ determines how devices on a network communicate.
- d ____ cable is the least expensive type of networking cable and has been in use the longest.
- e Sometimes, related software programs are sold bundled together as a(n) ____.
a. operating system
b. software suite
d. software cluster
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In the accompanying figure, the item in box _____ stores data and instructions before and during processing.
- A two-part button consists of the button and _______.
a. an arrow next to or below the button
b. its dialog box
c. a corresponding button elsewhere on the ribbon
d. the icon that executes the command
- Wireless networks usually use ____ signals to send data.
d. contiguous modulation
- Today, many notebook and netbook computers use _____ instead of PC Cards to give them additional capabilities.
a. ExpressCard modules
b. flash chips
c. FireWire expansion slots
d. USB cards
- A red wavy line under a word you type in the message section of Mail means _______.
a. the word is a hyperlink
b. the word is not in the built-in spell checker
c. the word is too complex for the tone of the rest of the message
d. there are synonyms to the word that you might prefer
5 True/False Questions
serial → Most networking media send data using ____ signals.
Flash memory cards → _____ are the most common type of storage media for digital cameras and mobile phones.
b. Optical discs
c. Cache packets
d. Flash memory cards
RAM → The term memory when referring to computers usually means _____.
closes the file and the application → Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You are in the market for various kinds of application software.
Lastly, you need a specialized program to help you track your personal expenses, balance your checking accounts, and write checks. You were looking at buying ____, but you realized that much of what you need is already available via online banking with your local bank.
a. database software
b. accounting software
c. personal finance software
d. vector software
online harassment → Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You study a series of real-life issues to determine what kind of security and/or privacy threat you are facing.
A relative of yours is in junior high school and has been subjected to a lot of bullying via text messages and social networking sites. You want to help, so you start to read up on the state laws and school rules that deal with ____.
b. identity theft
c. online harassment