5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- launches a dialog box related to that group
- personal finance software
- utility program
- a A company network that is accessible to authorized outsiders is called a(n) ____.
- b Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You are in the market for various kinds of application software.
Lastly, you need a specialized program to help you track your personal expenses, balance your checking accounts, and write checks. You were looking at buying ____, but you realized that much of what you need is already available via online banking with your local bank.
a. database software
b. accounting software
c. personal finance software
d. vector software
- c Clicking the small button in the right corner of many groups on the ribbon tabs _______.
a. expands the group
b. launches a dialog box related to that group
c. locks the group
d. opens the Clipboard
- d A(n) ____ is a software program that performs a specific task, usually related to managing or maintaining the computer system.
b. utility program
d. device driver
- e The Formulas tab is unique to _______.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A _______ is a menu or grid that shows visual representations of the options available for a button.
- A document with a(n) ____ guarantees that the document was indeed sent by a specific individual and that it hasn't been tampered with after it was sent.
a. valid IP packet list
b. Wi-Fi piggyback
c. digital signature
- The term ____ refers to the programs or instructions used to tell a computer what to do, and allow people to use a computer to perform specific tasks.
- The text recommends all of the following for creating strong passwords EXCEPT ____.
a. using at least eight characters
b. using a combination of upper- and lowercase letters
c. creating a password from an easy-to-remember passphrase
d. stringing together easy-to-remember family names
- A(n) ____ network uses a central cable to which all network devices connect.
5 True/False Questions
blog → A ____ is an online personal journal accessible to the public, usually created and updated by one individual.
Windows 3.1 → A(n) _____ is a rectangular work area on the desktop that contains a program, text, files, or other data and tools.
E → In the accompanying figure, the Address bar is denoted by box _____.
Forward → ____ cable uses a thick center wire surrounded by insulation and covered with braided wire to block electromagnetic interference.
hits → Text messaging is also known as ____.