5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- over public media
- a To select nonadjacent files, press and hold the _____ key while selecting individual files.
- b Most operating systems today primarily use a ____.
b. command-line interface
d. neural net interface
- c The text lists all of the following as commonly used Web browsers EXCEPT ____.
b. Internet Explorer
- d You can find the _______ tab on the ribbon in all Office programs.
- e Email is typically transmitted ____.
a. in encrypted form
b. through a VPN
c. over public media
d. at times of low Internet usage
5 Multiple choice questions
- The U.S. Department of Energy and EPA developed the ____ program to encourage the creation of energy-saving devices.
a. Gold Star
b. ENERGY STAR
- In the accompanying figure, box _____ represents a status bar.
- _____ are the fastest type of memory used by the CPU.
b. Level 1 caches
c. Level 2 caches
- In the accompanying figure, the item in box _____ holds the results of processing.
- Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
Damon is learning about intellectual property, copyright, and plagiarism. You give him several scenarios to test his understanding.
In an article, a journalist paraphrases a few sentences from another author without changing the meaning, and credits the original author with a proper citation. The journalist receives pay for this article. Damon tells you this is ____.
b. not plagiarism
c. too little information to say
d. both illegal and unethical
5 True/False questions
online harassment → A ____ is a type of malware that masquerades as something else.
c. Trojan horse
FCC → All wireless applications in the United States use specific frequencies as assigned by the ____.
zipper → In a File Explorer window, you can tell that a folder is compressed by the _____ icon displayed.
a. exclamation point
b. open folder
d. empty folder
Gaspard-Conf-Call-June-2014 → Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
You are putting together a folder with a series of documents relating to a call to Gaspard Corporation from June 2014. The following questions will test your understanding of the concepts of folder & file naming discussed in the chapter.
Based on the text's guidelines, choose the best folder name.
b. Gaspard Call: 6-14
d. Gaspard Corporation, LLC Conference Call to Discuss Strategic Realignment, noon, June 2014
Internet content providers → Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
The world of the Internet can be overwhelming. You take some time to break it down in your mind, understanding the community and its players. For each of the following questions, look at the organizations, businesses, or individuals listed, and then determine what they represent as a whole.
A blogger, your school's Web site, an online encyclopedia are ____.
b. infrastructure companies
c. Internet content providers