← science chap 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- surface tension
- Boyle's Law
- vary inversely
- a The result of an inward pull among the molecules of a liquid that brings the molecules on the surface closer together; causes the surface to act as if it has a thin skin.
- b A principle that describes the relationship between the pressure and volume of a gas at a constant temperature.
- c A diagram that shows how two variables are related.
- d A term used to describe the relationship between two variables whose graph forms a curve that slopes downward.
- e A change in state from a solid to a liquid.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Any substance that can flow.
- The change in state from a liquid to a gas.
- A state of matter that has definite shape and a definite volume
- The process that occurs when vaporization takes place only on the surface of a liquid.
- The temperature at which a substance changes from a solid to a liquid.
5 True/False Questions
origin → A change in state from a solid to a liquid.
viscosity → A liquid's resistance to flowing.
crystalline solid → A solid that is made up of crystals in which particles are arranged in a regular repeating pattern.
freezing → The change in state from a liquid to a solid.
gas → A state of matter with no definite shape or volume.