← Rome: People Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- julius caesar
- a christian messiah. "son of God." mission= bring spiritual salvation and eternal life to anyone who believed in him
- b david's son- turns Jerusalem into an impressive capital. won praise for his wisdom and understanding. tried to increase Israel's influence by negotiating with Egypt and Mesopotamia.
- c Jew from Asia Minor- saw and spoke with Jesus. became a missionary- travelled and set up churches.
- d prophet. led the hebrews out of egypt. 10 commandments.
- e brilliant roman general
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- good emperor. was a philosopher. his rule marked the end of the pax romana
- rebuilt pantheon, built a wall to keep out britain and their invaders. built a lot of structures in rome. was a good emperor
- craziest emperor, outraged many people
- responsible for the fire but blamed the christians. built his palace over destroyed lands from fire
- was christian therefore passed the Edict of Milan. moved the capital to constantinople
5 True/False Questions
tiberius & gaius gracchus → young patricians- first to make reforms. (were tribunes) called on state to give land to the poor farmers and give full citizenship to Rome's allies. were publicly killed.
octavian → humble shepherd- became a strong king who united feuding hebrew tribes into a single nation
marc antony → was christian therefore passed the Edict of Milan. moved the capital to constantinople
virgil → portrayed rome's heroic past in the aeneid
attila → leader of the huns