5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Epithelial membrane
- Peritoneum .
- a composed of epithelial tissue and an underlying layer of connective tissue. (also called covering and lining membranes, include the cutaneous membrane, the mucous membranes, and the serous membranes.
- b the deep layer of the skin; composed of dense, irregular connective tissue
- c the serous membrane lining the interior of the abdominal cavity and covering the surfaces of the abdominal organs.
- d the oily secretion of sebaceous glands.
- e a clear secretion that is primarily water plus some salts (sodium chloride), vitamin C, traces of metabolic wastes (ammonia, urea, uric acid), and lactic acid(the chemical that accumulates during vigorous muscle activity) sweat is acidic pH from 4-6. Sweat reaches the surface through ducts that opens as a pore.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the membranous sac enveloping the heart.
- glands that have ducts through which their secretions are carried to a body surface (skin or mucosa)
- slightly slanted compound structures. The inner epidermal sheath is composed of epithelial tissue and forms the hair. The outer dermal sheath is actually dermal connective tissue. Dermal region supplies blood vessels to the epidermal portion/reinforces it.
- the deepest cell layer of the epidermis, lies closest to the dermis and is connected to it along a wavy borderline that resembles corrugated cardboard.
- the outer layers of the skin; an epithelium
5 True/False questions
Integumentary system → the skin and its accessory organs.
Nail → a scale-like modification of the epidermis that corresponds to the hoof or claw of other animals. Has a free edge, a body(visible attached portion), and a root (embedded in the skin).
Subcutaneous tissue → the skin; composed of epidermal and dermal layers
Keratin → the dark pigment synthesized by melanocytes responsible for skin color.
Cutaneous membrane → the skin; composed of epidermal and dermal layers