← Unit 4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- maternal mortality rate
- Polytheistic Religion
- female genitalia mutilation
- Traditional religion
- a a religion that has originality and is not modernized
- b Complete or partial removal of the clitora on girls under the age of eleven
- c Number of deaths per thousand of women giving birth.
- d a holy war waged by Muslims against infidels
- e a religion with more than one god
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- religious movement whose objectives are to return to the foundations of the faith and to influence state policy
- a member of the branch of Islam that accepts the first four caliphs as rightful successors to Muhammad
- A group of Islamic religion that believes that its religious leader should be chosen based on heredity.
- the gap between the life expectancy of men and women
- the intentional killing of baby girls due to the preference for male babies and from the low value associated with the birth of females
5 True/False Questions
Sharia religious law → a religion identified with a particular ethnic group and largely exclusive to it
Brahman → the force generated by a person's actions that determines how the person will be reborn in the next life
dowry deaths → the properties that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive roles
Reincarnation → embodiment in a new form (especially the reappearance or a person in another form)
Syncretic religion → separate religions that combine into a new religion; often borrow from the past and the present.