5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Thomas Paine
- Adam Smith
- breaking away
- Thomas Jefferson
- a A Scottish man, wrote "A Wealth of Nations", says you have a right to make money when you invest, economics, capitalism.
- b He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
- c The theme emphasizes that ____ is a universal goal.
- d He was "buried" in the ocean because USA, France and Spain didn't want him.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He wrote "The Autobiography"
- READ: Events and Laws Leading to the American Revolution, France gives up rights to north American territory, Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, Glass Act, Sugar Act, Tea Act/Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, Quartering
- Edwards was a strong believer in _______.
- Led to the Amer Rev: - ___ and ___- a philosophy which focused on breaking free and democracy
- he wrote 92 essays
5 True/False questions
life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth → Led to the Amer Rev: The idea of ____ which Britain had enjoyed through the Parliament and the colonists had witnessed
John Locke → Led to the Amer Rev: The writings of the British philosopher ____ which instilled the idea that all human beings had natural rights and are entitled to political and economic freedoms regardless of birth—unlocked inalienable rights—greatly influenced by Jefferson
Voltaire → Jonathan Edwards went to ___ at age __. (School)
Patrick Henry → "Give me liberty or give me death.", spoke in rhetorical questions, challenged those at the Virginia convention
Voltaire → Great Awakening: Through God's guidance and inclination ___ occurs