5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- conservative; radical
- Adam Smith
- breaking away
- life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth
- a Jonathan Edwards was both a ___ and ____.
- b The theme emphasizes that ____ is a universal goal.
- c He was a Scottish man.
- d What were the human rights that Locke instated?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He says you have a right to make money when you invest, economics, capitalism.
- READ: Events and Laws Leading to the American Revolution, France gives up rights to north American territory, Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, Glass Act, Sugar Act, Tea Act/Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, Quartering
- He said "Give me liberty or give me death."
- He wrote Common Sense
- When was the Declaration of Independence signed?
5 True/False Questions
Thomas Paine → He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
Patrick Henry → He spoke in rhetorical questions
Free Will; Reason → Led to the Amer Rev: - ___ and ___- a philosophy which focused on breaking free and democracy
Adam Smith → Led to the Amer Rev: - A Wealth of Nations by Scotsman _____ addressed capitalism, profit on investment and labor and questioned the colonists.
Benjamin Franklin → The theme emphasizes that ____ is a universal goal.