5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Benjamin Franklin
- Thomas Paine
- Patrick Henry
- July 4, 1776
- Thomas Jefferson
- a He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
- b made broadsides
- c When was the Declaration of Independence signed?
- d He spoke in rhetorical questions
- e Who did the moral perfection chart?
5 Multiple choice questions
- He said "Give me liberty or give me death."
- ____ was a French philosopher
- philosopher, theological, scientist, diplomat, he didn't really write Poor Richard's Almanac, moral chart
- READ: Events and Laws Leading to the American Revolution, France gives up rights to north American territory, Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, Glass Act, Sugar Act, Tea Act/Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, Quartering
- He wrote "A Wealth of Nations".
5 True/False questions
conservative; radical → Jonathan Edwards was both a ___ and ____.
breaking away → Great Awakening: Through God's guidance and inclination ___ occurs
Thomas Paine → He wrote Common Sense
Voltaire → Jonathan Edwards went to ___ at age __. (School)
Benjamin Franklin → The theme emphasizes that ____ is a universal goal.