5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Thomas Paine
- John Locke
- a Great Awakening: Through God's guidance and inclination ___ occurs
- b unlocked human rights, British philosopher and writer—life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth
- c made broadsides
- d ____ was a French philosopher
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Jonathan Edwards has a _______.
- He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
- He said "Give me liberty or give me death."
- When was the Declaration of Independence signed?
- philosopher, theological, scientist, diplomat, he didn't really write Poor Richard's Almanac, moral chart
5 True/False Questions
* → READ: Events and Laws Leading to the American Revolution, France gives up rights to north American territory, Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, Glass Act, Sugar Act, Tea Act/Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, Quartering
Benjamin Franklin → Who didn't really write Poor Richard's Almanac?
Voltaire → Jonathan Edwards went to ___ at age __. (School)
Patrick Henry → "Give me liberty or give me death.", spoke in rhetorical questions, challenged those at the Virginia convention
Voltaire → Led to the Amer Rev: - The separation of church and state stated by ___