5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Thomas Jefferson
- Yale, 13
- Thomas Paine
- John Locke
- a He was "buried" in the ocean because USA, France and Spain didn't want him.
- b He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
- c Led to the Amer Rev: The writings of the British philosopher ____ which instilled the idea that all human beings had natural rights and are entitled to political and economic freedoms regardless of birth—unlocked inalienable rights—greatly influenced by Jefferson
- d Jonathan Edwards went to ___ at age __. (School)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- unlocked human rights, British philosopher and writer—life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth
- READ: Events and Laws Leading to the American Revolution, France gives up rights to north American territory, Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, Glass Act, Sugar Act, Tea Act/Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, Quartering
- Jonathan Edwards was both a ___ and ____.
- Led to the Amer Rev: The idea of ____ which Britain had enjoyed through the Parliament and the colonists had witnessed
- ____ was a French philosopher
5 True/False Questions
Voltaire → Led to the Amer Rev: - The separation of church and state stated by ___
Patrick Henry → The theme emphasizes that ____ is a universal goal.
Adam Smith → Jonathan Edwards went to ___ at age __. (School)
Patrick Henry → He challenged those at the Virginia convention
Thomas Paine → He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )