5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Benjamin Franklin
- Thomas Paine
- Patrick Henry
- life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth
- a Edwards was a strong believer in _______.
- b What were the human rights that Locke instated?
- c He wrote Common Sense
- d He said "Give me liberty or give me death."
- e He wrote "The Autobiography"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He was "buried" in the ocean because USA, France and Spain didn't want him.
- Led to the Amer Rev: The writings of the British philosopher ____ which instilled the idea that all human beings had natural rights and are entitled to political and economic freedoms regardless of birth—unlocked inalienable rights—greatly influenced by Jefferson
- He was a Scottish man.
- He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
- Led to the Amer Rev: The ___ set forth in early America: a political, religious and economic ___.
5 True/False Questions
John Locke → unlocked human rights, British philosopher and writer—life, liberty and the pursuit of material wealth
conservative; radical → Jonathan Edwards was both a ___ and ____.
Patrick Henry → A Scottish man, wrote "A Wealth of Nations", says you have a right to make money when you invest, economics, capitalism.
Thomas Paine → made broadsides
Great Awakening → he wrote 92 essays