5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Patrick Henry
- conservative; radical
- Thomas Paine
- Adam Smith
- a He wrote "A Wealth of Nations".
- b He said "Give me liberty or give me death."
- c Jonathan Edwards was both a ___ and ____.
- d made bumper stickers
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Led to the Amer Rev: The ___ set forth in early America: a political, religious and economic ___.
- He wrote The American Crisis
- Led to the Amer Rev: - The separation of church and state stated by ___
- He was "buried" in the ocean because USA, France and Spain didn't want him.
- Edwards was a strong believer in _______.
5 True/False Questions
Voltaire → Great Awakening: Through God's guidance and inclination ___ occurs
* → READ: Events and Laws Leading to the American Revolution, France gives up rights to north American territory, Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, Glass Act, Sugar Act, Tea Act/Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, Quartering
breaking away → Great Awakening: Through God's guidance and inclination ___ occurs
Thomas Paine → He was an author of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 (where he listed 26 grievances, and referred to King George III as "he" )
Patrick Henry → "Give me liberty or give me death.", spoke in rhetorical questions, challenged those at the Virginia convention