5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Robert Walpole
- 17th Century
- a England's first prime minister
- b Wrote Don Quixote
- c Thermidorian Reaction, The Directory make France a military dictatorship
- d Age of Absolutism, 2nd half = Age of Louis XIV, Golden Age of Dutch, financial center = Amsterdam, constitutionalism started in England
- e Start of Legislative Assembly, new members = Jacobins
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "The Persian Letters", "The spirit of laws"
- Hapsburg emperor who signed the Pragmatic Sanction
- Polish, wrote 'On the revolutions of the heavenly Spheres', came up with heliocentric view
- Won the War of the Roses, established Tudor dynasty
5 True/False Questions
1620 → France wrote a new Constitution, "Declaration of the Rights of man"
William (of Orange) and Mary → became king and queen during the Glorious Revolution
June 20, 1789 → Oath of Tennis Court
Michel de Montaigne → David (Marble), Sistine Chapel
John Locke → Wrote the 'Second Treatise of Civil Government', government is a social contract, people have the right to rebel, "Essay concerning human understandings"