5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a trans. verb - A. to pass beyond or rise above. B. to surpass or exceed. C. to exist above and independent of (the physical realm).
- b adjective - known or understood only by a few; esoteric
- c noun - A. a season or occasion of joyful celebration. B. jubilation; rejoicing. C. a special anniversary, especially a fiftieth anniversary.
- d noun - the combined action of two or more agents, substances, organs, or organisms to achieve an effect greater than the total effect that would be produced by each one acting individually; interdependence
- e adjective - A. widely spread or scattered. B. characterized by wordiness; trans. verb - A. to pour out and cause to spread freely. B. to spread about or scatter; disseminate. intrans. verb - to spread out or soften.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adjective - clearly apparent to the sight or understandingly obvious; trans. verb - A. to show or demonstrate plainly; reveal. B. to be evidence of; prove; noun - a list of cargo or passengers for a ship or airplane.
- noun - equality, as in amount, status, or value.
- intrans. verb - A. to combine, unite, or consolidate. B. to blend with another metal; trans. verb - to mix so as to make a unified whole; blend
- noun - a person of great wealth and prominence.
- noun - A. an overwhelming and irresistible force or movement. B. something, such as a belief or institution, that elicits blind and destructive devotion.
5 True/False Questions
contiguous → adjective - A. lacking definite form or limits; vague. B. cloudy, misty, or hazy.
kowtow → adjective - A. concealed; hidden; secret. B. covered or covered over; sheltered; noun - A. covering or cover. B. a covered place or shelter; hiding place. C. thick underbrush or woodland affording cover for game.
covert → adjective - A. concealed; hidden; secret. B. covered or covered over; sheltered; noun - A. covering or cover. B. a covered place or shelter; hiding place. C. thick underbrush or woodland affording cover for game.
fathom → noun - a person of great wealth and prominence.
translucent → adjective - transmitting light but causing sufficient diffusion to make impossible the perception of a distinct image.